Dr. Oz 2 week Rapid Weight loss?

Options
Okay, so I'm just looking for people who have done this diet and their opinion. I really do understand that no diet gimmick will last long term (experience). However, I am in a wedding in 3 weeks and just tried on the dress and it is extremely tight. How has this diet worked for any of you who have tried it? :)

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz is a crook. Good luck with your crash diet.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    S6HAKVZ.gif

I need something to read to avoid stuffing more carbs into my pie hole. Mmm pie.
  • northbanu
    northbanu Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz is a crook. Good luck with your crash diet.

Crook? Really? A crook takes your money with out your permission. But snake oil salesmen, well you just willingly give then money. Oh, and con-artists, too.

So I'd say he's a con artist snake oil salesman.

C'mon, you're gonna give crooks a bad name.
  • ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Can't really consider him a "crook"......some of what he has to say DOES make some sense.....but then when he goes out and throws these "superfood buzzwords" on the air......it stirs up controversy.....because the true "crooks" go peddling these "superfoods" and try saying they are proven/endorsed by Dr. Oz........I do watch his show on occasion.....but like all TV......you gotta take it with a grain of salt......

I will say I tried the Dr Oz 3 day "detox" thing.....there's a gif floating around pinterest of it......it's 3 days where you basically only consume teas, and liquids.....and yea, I felt so unmotivated lol.....but I feel it "jump started" by lifestyle change exponentially......
  • JMel86
    JMel86 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Dr Oz is a quack. If you want to eat steamed fish & broccoli for the next 2 weeks, go for it! I'm sure that diet with exercise will help you lose weight as long as you have the self control to stick with it.

Life is too short not to enjoy pizza & beer, every once and a while.
    Good luck! Really :drinker:
  • northbanu
    Options
    I need something to read to avoid stuffing more carbs into my pie hole. Mmm pie.

Mmmmm, hole.
  • Alluminati
    Options
    crook
    kro͝ok
    noun
    informal
    a person who is dishonest or a criminal.
    synonyms: criminal, lawbreaker, offender, villain, delinquent, felon, convict, malefactor, culprit, wrongdoer; rogue, scoundrel, shyster, cheat, scam artist, swindler, racketeer, confidence trickster, snake oil salesman; thief, robber, burglar; informalshark, con man, con, jailbird, hood, yardbird; malfeasant.

I think crook suits him quite well
  • northbanu
    Options
    crook
    kro͝ok
    noun
    informal
    synonyms: criminal, lawbreaker, offender, villain, delinquent, felon, convict, malefactor, culprit, wrongdoer; rogue, scoundrel, shyster, cheat, scam artist, swindler, racketeer, confidence trickster, snake oil salesman; thief, robber, burglar; informalshark, con man, con, jailbird, hood, yardbird; malfeasant.
    Ha! Fair enough. And I'd say most the above synonyms fit too. Well played OdesAngel, well played

edited for spelling (to vs too)
  • Alluminati
    Options
    crook
    kro͝ok
    noun
    informal
    Ha! Fair enough. And I'd say most the above synonyms fit to. Well played OdesAngel, well played
    :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Jazz_2014
    Jazz_2014 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I'm just looking for people who have done this diet and their opinion. I really do understand that no diet gimmick will last long term (experience). However, I am in a wedding in 3 weeks and just tried on the dress and it is extremely tight. How has this diet worked for any of you who have tried it? :)
    I tried in the past to post about this program and the naysayers came out of the woodwork. Noting that no one is commenting about the diet plan but their dislike for Dr Oz. I have done the 2 week rapid weight loss and it worked. I have to add, more importantly, I continued to use the diet plan as a basis for my food choices. I've lost 44lbs so far this year.
    I did not adhere to the plan word for word but then I wasn't looking for a rapid loss. Like most "diets" you usually lose water, which I suspect is what this does also. So yes, it works.
    If anyone is interested it works as a good template also if looking to lose weight slowly.
    I enjoy the fruit smoothie religously every morning and my food choices generally stay within the Dr Oz recommendations on that diet. Which is basically lean meat and low glycemic veggies.

Naysayers can say what they want, but I credit my weight loss to that plan.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Any "diet" will work as long as it causes you to eat less calories than you burn. So you can eat what Dr. Oz tells you to, or eat what you would like to eat, as long as it fits in your calorie goal.

Unless you have a lot of weight to lose, you should expect to lose like half-a-pound to one pound per week, plus some water weight.

If I were you, I would plug in my long term goals and get my calorie goal (either in MFP or a TDEE calculator) and eat what you want within your goal. Then go out and buy some slimming undergarments. Why be miserable for 3 weeks? It's amazing what a good piece of shapewear will do to the fit of a dress!

If you want to learn how to get the most out of MFP, read the Sexypants sticky on the Get Started forum.

(And FYI, saying "Dr. Oz" on the MFP forums is like putting a Kick Me sign on your back. His willingness to use his name to shill for all kinds of unproven fad remedies and supplements has deservedly made him a sore subject.)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,604 Member
    Options
    Low carb for a couple of weeks. Should fit by then. If not, then you've been eating too much overall if it fit before.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • brittvlip
    brittvlip Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your input! Too many people hating on Dr. Oz to answer my question
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Just looked up the diet and first impression was that I would probably gain that weight back as soon as that diet stopped. The diet itself sounds awful. Maybe if you were sitting around doing nothing all day, but I would have no energy on that.
  • Jazz_2014
    Options
    Thank you for your input! Too many people hating on Dr. Oz to answer my question

The MFP posters are generally very helpful. Unfortunately there are a few subjects that really draw the negative comments and that is Dr. Oz. I found that out early this year when I was seeking assistance. Like any board, you have to have tough skin as some people just want to post negative stuff and not truly answer your question if they can.

I hope you find something that works for you in your effort to lose weight. Nothing new, but everyone approaches a healthy version of themselves differently.

But for those that happen across this thread and are interested in Dr. Oz's 2 week rapid weight loss. It works. I am living example of it. I didn't jump in 100% on the two week portion and still lost. And I took the suggestion to continue with the plan as a lifestyle change and I'm presently 44lbs lighter. The naysayers will have comments on Dr. Oz but say little, if anything, about the diet plan. And those that said they looked apparently did not watch the video or read further into the plan. I say this as the comments were so off base. There is nothing "quacky" about the food plan.
    Drink water, eat lean meat, veggies, fruit and nuts.
    The comment that a person would gain weight as soon as they stopped implies that the Dr. Oz plan is a "diet" and not a healthy manner to select foods.
    Its a lifestyle choice and not something that you would stop doing, as if to stop eating a cabbage soup or some other concoction to lose weight.
    Another remark was to imply one would have no energy making these food choices. Again, I'm 7 months into this, I've lost 44lbs and I've an improved digestion (something I had not considered), improved mental alertness (again, a nice bonus) and energy. I stand all day at work (5-6 days a week), only sitting for lunch and I work out 3-5 times in morning AND am active in the afternoons. I'm not sitting around doing nothing all day and have an increased level of energy since I started.

I'm posting all this, as when I solicited others thoughts early this year on Dr. Oz I got the same negative comments. Had I listened to these naysayers I would not have lost 44lbs so far. If anything the boards are so vicious on the topic of Dr. Oz that those of us (and yes, there are others) that like the Dr. Oz plan avoid posting because of the negativity (as evidenced on this thread) The negativism overpowers and kills the thread. As with anything, not everyone is posting to help each other and apparently posts more so to support their preconceived opinions on a topic. Makes them feel better, but is not supportive of our fellow MF pals.

With that said, if you are considering the Dr. Oz plan, read on it, try it if you think it would be a good choice for you. Some people cannot conceive giving up coffee, soda's or sugar and so certainly this is not for them. For me? it works. I'm not starving myself, I don't feel restricted, if anything I've opened the doors to so many new foods and ways to prepare them. And I am loving the results!!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    When you see Dr. Oz endorsing something, run, don't walk, far away from it.
    It'll save you money and also inspire you to work out more, since he pitches his snake oil fixes everywhere.
  • Jazz_2014
    Options
    It'll save you money and also inspire you to work out more, since he pitches his snake oil fixes everywhere.

OR better yet . . . consider the information. Read on the topic. There are no products endorsed what so ever. No snake oil fixes, just healthy food selections. Stop muddying the topic up with something that is not related to the topic at hand, Dr. Oz 2 week plan.
    It works!!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options

OR better yet . . . consider the information. Read on the topic. There are no products endorsed what so ever. No snake oil fixes, just healthy food selections. Stop muddying the topic up with something that is not related to the topic at hand, Dr. Oz 2 week plan.
    It works!!

He's endorsing an unsafe, unsustainable, and ridiculous fad diet.
    "Rapid Weight Loss" in two seeks is a snake oil fix. It doesn't work.
  • Jazz_2014
    Options
    He's endorsing an unsafe, unsustainable, and ridiculous fad diet.
    "Rapid Weight Loss" in two seeks is a snake oil fix. It doesn't work.

Explain, what part of this is unsafe, unsustainable and a fad diet???
    If it doesn't work, please tell my body as I have lost 44lbs on it.

So, I must be lying???