What's your FAV low calorie recipe?

NatJ522
NatJ522 Posts: 16 Member
Hi Everyone,

I need some ideas for simple, few ingredients low calorie recipes that I can make at home. What's your fav? Thanks ;)

Replies

• Jess__I__Can
    Jess__I__Can Posts: 307 Member
    Spiralized zucchini with lite spaghetti sauce.

Grilled chicken and green veggies.
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    I make whole wheat pita pizzas. I usually make mine veggie, and the rest of the family's I add pepperoni.
    Pitas= 150 cals
    pizza sauce= 25 cals
    cheese= 70 to 80 cals

Made these stuffed green peppers Mexican style around 244 calories each. My daughter even ate the filling but not the green pepper. Used the veggie crumbles to cut back on the calories. Love quinoa! Even my husband will eat it. You could even leave out the corn if you like. Core peppers, and boil till tender. Cook your quinoa. Fry and drain meat. Cook your crumbles. Mix in taco seasoning. Mix everything but the green peppers and cheese. Fill peppers, top with cheese, and bake around 30 minutes I think.

Ancient Harvest - Gluten Free Quinoa -traditional, 1/2 cup dry 344
    Generic - Large Green Bell Pepper, 2 Large (164 g)
    Beef - Ground, 75% lean meat / 25% fat, patty, cooked, broiled (hamburger), 1 serving ( 3 oz ) 236
    Boca - Veggie Ground Crumbles, 1/2 Cup (57g) 70
    My Essentials - Corn, Whole Kernel Canned, 1/2 cup, (125g), 80
    Tostitos Brand - Chunky Salsa Medium, 2 tbsp (33g) 10
    My Essential Low Moisture Part Skim Mozarella - Shredded Reduced Fat Cheese, 1/2 cup 140
    Taco seasoning ( I make my own)
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Right now I am loving chicken zoodle soup. It's basically chicken and noodle soup, however you would normally make it, but replace the noodles with spiralized zucchini. I have it with a few crackers. Super cheap and easy.
  • Luna99999
    Luna99999 Posts: 9 Member
    I roasted brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes with coconut oil, paprika, oregano, and a little cayenne pepper. So delicious!
  • aprilricks86
    aprilricks86 Posts: 67 Member
    there was a post on here a while back for protein pancakes that are awesome. They are super filling and make a huge serving. The original recipe called for white flour, but I use spelt because it has more good things in it, but I'd imagine you could use almost any kind you like! Just combine and fry! They expand a lot during cooking so unless you like huge pancakes, aim to make around 6 or so.

1/4 c spelt
    3/4 c plain greek yogurt
    1 egg or 1 egg white (depending on your macro needs)
    1 scoop protein powder
    3/4 tsp baking soda

I have been using cellucor's cinnamon swirl protein powder and put a little pumpkin spice. They are awesome with peanut butter, some sugar free syrup and maybe some fruit--I like blueberries.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Single-malt scotch over 2 ice cubes. Only 96 calories per 1.5 oz serving.

Well, you did ask for my favorite recipe.

Second is braised rib eye steak, 4 oz. You can do a lot with this.
    Start by liberally salting and peppering both sides.
    pan-fry on high heat for 2 minutes each side and finish in a 350 deg oven for 10-12 minutes
    Or pan fry 4 minutes each side.
    before transferring to the oven, splash on some wine red or white, or a dash of bourbon. Let this reduce by 1/2

Top it with browned onions, shallots, mushrooms, or pepper strips.
    Serve and each person slices it very thinly.

Or, slice it thin before cooking and braise in the pan, as above with all the goodies. Serve by itself or on a sandwich.

It is not a zero calorie recipe but rib eye is extremely lean, about the best protein-to-calorie ratio for beef. it is relative inexpensive as beef goes. And this prepares sooo quickly.
  • Tried the pancakes this morning with chocolate Muscle Milk (added a tbsp of chia) and they stuck to the pan really badly. It got better after I added a lot of oil to the pan, but that adds calories, so I gave the oily ones away and I ate the mangled ones (LOL - they tasted pretty goods). Any tips?

I guess I should contribute... my favorites recently were A) 1/4 cup of pistachios mixed into my nonfat cottage cheese for a snack and B) red lentils I made
    I added garlic slices, chopped tomatoes, and homemade bone broth. I just put that all on the stove at the same time and simmered until it was a texture I liked. 1/2 a cup was around 150 calories, 24 carbs, 16 g protein (very approximate) and good with wilted spinach.
  • burnsgene42
    burnsgene42 Posts: 102 Member
    4 Gaujillo Peppers
    3 New Mexico Peppers
    10 Arbol Peppers
    Remove the seeds and veins from Gaujjllo and New Mexico Peppers.
    Toast all peppers on hot skillet for about 10 sec. on both sides. Don't burn em!
    Soak all peppers in hot water.(bring to a boil and remove from burner)Let peppers soak for 30 min then pour off the soaking water.
    Blend all the chiles along with garlic and Cumin and salt to taste with about a cup of water (you're going to cook it down). If you like it warmer throw in a few little Chile Pequin into the blender to suit you.
    Liquify and pour into slightly oiled skillet and simmer for at least 30 min.
    Makes my favorite sauce that you can pour over anything you want to spice up. I like to pour it over avocado or beans or chicken.
    Enjoy
  • aprilricks86
    aprilricks86 Posts: 67 Member
    Tried the pancakes this morning with chocolate Muscle Milk (added a tbsp of chia) and they stuck to the pan really badly. It got better after I added a lot of oil to the pan, but that adds calories, so I gave the oily ones away and I ate the mangled ones (LOL - they tasted pretty goods). Any tips?

I've never had that happen . . . is your pan in bad shape? I only ever use a little non-stick cooking spray on a griddle pan and mine have always turned out great. Maybe try it without the chia to see if that changes anything. Good luck!
  • Thanks for the reply and sorry about the typo (goods? :noway: ). My pan is pretty old and gnarly. I tried it again without chia - using my nice new griddle helped a ton, but my verdict is that I mostly needed to be more patient! The soaked chia made it too runny, but adding less or adding it dry should be fine. Thank you for a fun recipe!