Who would you prefer to look like? Body Fat Percentages

Options

Replies

• husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Between 15 and 18, but closer to the 15%. I was measured by bodpod at 18.9%. 17% is my goal before I start my bulk.
  • SuperC_85
    Options
    I would like 18%

Buuuut then again Ive started to notice how little the perfect body weight means to me and how much more accepting my body regardless of genetics is VIP.. I will accept my body regardless of the shape it takes onces Ive cut the extra weight. ( and even now that image means nothing cause Im a real life human being with a body of my own and that body sure does feel good!! )
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    25% Bf women are perfect for me
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    I'm also questioning the accuracy of the pics a bit. According to my scale (and yes, the scales are *also* notoriously inaccurate) I'm at about 28% BF in this pic. I'm not sure if it's just that I have more muscle (I do lift) or actually have less fat than the lady in the 25% photo, but it just seems off to me....

8b684357708532dc07adb348ffe489868cb0.jpg
  • AllTheNoms
    AllTheNoms Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Would love to be the 18-20 but have a lot of work to get there..... Hoping MFP can help me get it sorted out!
  • heidispideymfp
    heidispideymfp Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'd love either the 18 or 20, and am currently around the 30
  • kieran9810
    kieran9810 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'd like to get around 10-12% and I'd say I'm probably around 20 % right now. But that's just a guess lol
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I look closer to the 25% woman now, but would prefer something between that and 20%. 18% woman is great, but not something I'm shooting for.

The 20% man looks softer than I'd expect for someone with that bf. Other pictures of men with 20% bf show men with more muscle definition.
    Men-Body-Fat.jpg
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
  • Jetta_C
    Options
    Wish one of the female representations had been a runner. I think 15 - 18% looks very nice and that is my goal but I certainly don't want to carry all that muscular bulk. I like the lean, crisp of a distance runner but their upper bodies tend to be quite small.
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    These pics don't add up to me... but I'd like to be 18/20 :ohwell:
  • _imperfextionisbeauty_
    Options
    Somewhere between 15-18 in the pics...
  • scrittrice
    scrittrice Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure these representations are accurate. That 25% for women looks awfully heavy to me.

I think it might be the outfit!
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options
    I'm not sure these representations are accurate. That 25% for women looks awfully heavy to me.

It's not just the outfit. I also seriously question the 25% picture.
  • dedicationandcommitment
    Options
    Between 15%-20%.....18% is just gorgeous to me!!!
  • xxxpeacekeepxxx
    Options
    Somewhere in the 18-20% area definitely. If I could hit 20% then I would throw a party in my head.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    20% but with much bigger muscles.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I'm currently hovering at about 25% (down from 36%).

I've recently become a weight lifting addict and enjoying watching my muscles grow. I love how strong I feel (and am starting to look).

I'd love the 15% look BUT at 45 years old, I'm pretty sure that's unachievable.
    This is the first time in my life I've had muscles though so... who knows

Age is not a barrier!!

http://ernestineshepherd.net/
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

The 25% picture is comparable to how I looked closer to 30% or a tad more. I mean, how you carry your weight is going to affect how you look but, yeah, I don't think the picture is accurate.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options

The 25% picture is comparable to how I looked closer to 30% or a tad more. I mean, how you carry your weight is going to affect how you look but, yeah, I don't think the picture is accurate.

Yea, body shape and proportions are an issue, but I'm leaner than that woman and measure at higher than 25% BF. I'm just not buying it...