ChaLean Extreme Results

Options
Molly08
Molly08 Posts: 153 Member
Hello everyone,
A little bit of back ground from me:

A couple years ago I lost 70lbs in 8 months with weight watchers and walking. I gained 1/2 of that back in my final year of school during clinical rotations.

I had tried to lose weight again (rejoined weight watchers) but have yo-yoed with the same 5lbs. My friend got me ChaLean Extreme as a gift to help me find some motivation and success.

I am in the middle of the 4th week (Phase 1) and I have to say I'm underwhelmed with the results. I started the program at 251lbs. I have only lost 4 lbs thus far on the plan. I know that people build muscle on it yada yada, but at my starting weight I feel like I should still see a bigger loss on the scale. I also know that 1-2lbs a week off is a healthy weight loss, but my dr said that with my starting BMI I should be seeing at least 2.5lbs a week loss (and that 10lbs loss per month is sustainable and not unreasonable for my starting weight).

So I'm reaching out for some motivation and inspiration. I like the workouts and have committed myself to waking up at 5:30 am to get them in. I haven't missed a workout yet and if I'm being honest my diet is 80% good (and I'm alway under calories, though sometimes my choices aren't fabulous).

Please tell me some of your straight- ChaLean Extreme results. I should add that I walk my dog an 35-45 min a day 5 days a week on top of the workouts.

Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    From a quick perusal of your diary, I think that on average you are eating a bit too much. Try sticking to ~1500 calories/day (total) for a week and see how that lands you.

Allan
  • NoExcusesFitnessCoach
    NoExcusesFitnessCoach Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I just completed CLX in January of this year. With any program, the first 4 weeks you typically won't see results. It's an adjustment period, so it's totally normal to see very little change during the first part of the program. I saw no results in the first 4 weeks of CLX, but I had amazing results overall. To lose 4 pounds in the first phase is amazing, considering most people lose very little if anything.

Because it's a strength training program, you have to make sure you eat enough because you will be STARVING all day without the right foods. So I don't necessarily think eating less is the answer. I think you just haven't been doing the program long enough to see results.

You should be entering the PUSH phase soon and then the LEAN phase will come. You WILL see results, I assure you. Just keep pushing play, eat right, and you'll get there!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna tell ya, I didn't lose a single pound doing Chalean Extrem BUT.......BUT......my body changed TREMENDOUSLY.

I lost a LOT of inches and my waist line was unrecognizable from the start. Keep it up........things are changing, even if it's not the number.
  • HavtaLose
    HavtaLose Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    From a quick perusal of your diary, I think that on average you are eating a bit too much. Try sticking to ~1500 calories/day (total) for a week and see how that lands you.

Allan

No. I weigh 170 and eat 1800 (tdee-20%) and losing 1-2lbs a week. As I decrease the number decreases. I started out at 2200.

I can't see your diary OP but are you being honest with your calories? Counting everything? Weighing everything? Don't worry about the rest 20% junk food. As long as you're under calories, it doesn't matter much.
  • Tanya0927
    Tanya0927 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love Chalene Johnson!!! I'm starting CLX on Monday. I did phase 1 &2 last summer lost about 10 pounds but more inches but then I quit because I was having anxiety and blood sugar issues. Now I've gained the weight back because I haven't been doing any activity. Excited to start because I LOVED it!!! Lifting heavy is my thing! ????
    We should do a support group on here. ????
  • raleigh50
    raleigh50 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am all about a support group...I'll be starting this week.
  • amwilks
    amwilks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started CLX 3 weeks ago. I actually have gained a little weight, but I can see positive changes in my body, specially my legs which she works like crazy! So far I am not concerned about the small gain, I will be watching carefully what I eat this last week of the Burn Phase.

I love the program and will finish it! I have done Turbo Jam before and I liked it too. But CLX is better because is a combination of cardio and weight training.

Good luck to everyone! Keep it up!
  • rslavens2
    Options
    I am a CLX dropout. I got really frustrated when I wasn't seeing results on the scale (I wasn't eating very well, so that was likely the reason), so I just stopped doing it. Now that I don't weigh myself and I've upped my calorie intake from 1200 to 1500, I'm kind of excited to give it a go again. I would love for there to be a support group!
  • piwijpoukasi
    piwijpoukasi Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm a CLX drop out too.. but just started it this morning! I would totally be down to start a group!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm also doing CLX again currently. First go around I didn't lose any weight but changed my body comp tremendously.
    Im currently in my 2nd week of BURN phase.

Cant wait to get to PUSH, it's my fave.
  • Candicem99
    Candicem99 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Just started CLX - but doing it with TurboFire. Week 2 of Burn phase. I was doing LMP and saw results and had dropped the last five pounds. Since then put them back on and decided to do this program. Hoping that I will get the same results. For those who have done before, when did you start seeing results?
  • Asiahaze
    Asiahaze Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I am also a CLX dropout, I just turened 41 on 9/1 and I am ready to lose the rest of these pesky weight that has been lingering around me for a while. I will start the program all over today! I simply loved the program, however, I, as a lot of other people need motivation and support. So if there is a support group, I am all in!!!!! WISH ME LUCK!!!!!!
  • lauraellie10
    lauraellie10 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    R u all still doing this?