Tired of trying to figure out what I should be eating

I'm having a really hard time with my diet. I feel like maybe i, over thinking it I don't know. But I get really frustrated trying to figure out what to eat. I think I may have a carb intolerance but who knows. I feel like it's too much info when it comes to dieting but nothing that's really clear. Everything is like set for one size fits all, without paying an arm and a leg you can't really get anything customized to your needs. Like I said I could just be making way more of it then it needs to be but I'm frustrated and over whelmed.

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    What do you like eating? Eat less of that, log it and get some exercise.

Don't make this harder than it needs to be. Lean proteins, veggies, rice, ice cream. It can all be included.

Here's some good information to help you out, take some time to read over the links

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide?hl=logging+step+guide

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1343719-get-rich-quick
  • anthonye123
    anthonye123 Posts: 7 Member
    It sounds like you are overthinking it. Just eat normally, counting and sticking roughly to your macronutrient needs, and as long as you are in a caloric deficit by the end of each day you'll be losing weight.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Less of high fat, high sugar and more veggies

Just less of what you normally eat. And more veggies.

Veggies give the body the nutrients that it needs and they fill you up. But it is simple (but oh so difficult when surrounded by plenty) eat less, move more.

Good luck!
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Yes you are over thinking it. Eat within your calorie limit, move more, eat less
  • Reality79
    Reality79 Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you everyone, sometimes I can work myself up
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    If you want to learn good, balanced information that will help you make healthy food choice, check out the NutritionSource. http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/

To start simply, check out their "Healthy Eating Plate." It's a good framework for visualizing a healthy diet. Then just figure out how many calories you wish to eat each day and go for it. The more you learn and the more you eat a healthy diet, the better you'll look and feel.

37a280a5-cd7c-43f4-af54-c60e08be97f9_zpsa9bb5934.jpg
  • Everyone who would like live healt and skinny life. would like tell you about juice pluss shakers and capsules. for more information contact me on my email svetlana1011@inbox.lv with subject juice pluss ill send you all information and then you can get full 24 h 7 days a week support.. Don't shine start today make September your months and get fit in little black dress until Christmas.
    with our 24 hour service you get even diet plan if you wish
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Funny to see your post - just last night I mentioned to one of my MFP buddies that I was seriously tempted to just copy a week of her meals. She's always got a well-balanced day at about the same calories I should be eating.

All joking aside...that's not a terrible idea. Lots of folks have open diaries, and there's no shame in not reinventing the wheel.

You've gotten a lot of good links. Here is one more, because it will also provide you with meals. Pretty stark, draconian meals, but at least you don't have to think about it. (I do mean that kindly, btw. I often feel that way myself).

HTH!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    It's actually pretty simple...get about 6-8 servings of fruit and veg daily (I do about 6 servings of veg and a couple servings of fruit)...some whole grains...lean proteins, and healthy fats. Focus your grocery shopping on the outer perimeter of the store and eat and prepare meals/recipes, etc with nutritious whole foods. Not that you have to completely eliminate whole foods, but focusing on nutritious whole foods will help you make better dietry decisions.

It's really not complicated at all...the problem is that for the industry to continue to make money, there has to always be something new...for there to always be something new, there has to be confusion. Just telling you to eat healthfully isn't going to make anyone money.

I eat a ton of vegetables and a couple servings of fruit per day. I eat a lot of chicken, salmon, and other white fish...I eat red meat and/or pork maybe once or twice per week...I generally keep it to leaner cuts, but having fattier cuts from time to time isn't going to hurt anything...and really, it doesn't hurt anything anyway so long as you stay in your calories. Fattier cuts of meat or more calorie dense and I'm a volume eater so I tend towards leaner cuts to save calories. I also eat oats, brown rice, etc...and legumes (dried, soaked, and slow cooked) are a staple of my diet. I eat eggs pretty much daily. Avocados and almonds are also staples of my diet and I cook with avocado oil, olive oil, and coconut oil primarily.

Ignore all the BS and use your commons sense...you know what is healthy...deep down, you already know.
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    I second getting great ideas from my MPF friend's diaries. I also agree with the idea of looking at what you already like and eating less of it, or learn to cook these items a little lighter.

I am really into making zucchini noodles for this reason. I am a pasta freak and find I'm much more satisfied with a huge pile of zoodles than I would be from a .75 cup portion of pasta. Delivery pizza has become oven baked pita pizza instead and I've modified my usual sushi lunch out to include more sashimi and less deep fried or mayo stuff.
  • Reality79
    Reality79 Posts: 4 Member
    I have lots of the veggies, brown rice, chicken breast and fish. Just when it comes to cooking it and planning it for the week that's the part that gets to me. I try to meal-prep for the week but by mid-week I'm bored with the food and I don't want it. I will definitely check out the links and other MFP diaries for ideas.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Anything that helps you meet your nutritional needs and keeps you in your calorie limit. Food is food :P
  • ajax041813
    ajax041813 Posts: 136 Member
    Keep lots of spices on hand so you can prep the same things for the week and make each meal a little different. I also like making a couple of different salad dressing to have on hand for drizzling over things. I always like to have garlic powder, onion powder, dill, paprika, chili powder, and cumin. These are a good group to mix and match. I like cumin as it's a main component of taco seasoning. Dill is a major player in Ranch so that's nice as well. I also have oregano which I use all the time, and salt & pepper. I sort of just grab whatever out of the cabinet, shake it on and go. Even it it's the same spices, the amounts differ with how heavy handed I am that meal. I also like sesame oil, coconut aminos, and ginger for an Asian flair. Rice vinegar is also nice for this too. For salad dressings, I take olive oil and mix whatever spices I want in there. I usually use an old olive oil bottle and funnel in the spices. I also use my old mustard bottles when they get low, add olive oil and spices to that and I have mustard dressing!! Tonight I'm gonna try using the little bit of lemonaise (like mayonnaise with spices already added) and turn that into a salad dressing. The options are endless, truly. You are on a good path, and don't be too hard on yourself!!! Also, food is supposed to taste good. There are lots of options out there for weight loss. If you are bored with chicken, get a different protein! I'm a big believer that all meat is good for you and there are loads of recipes out there. You can pick up what you like at the store and then find an easy way of cooking it, I promise! My crockpot is my friend!!! Feel free to message me or friend me if you'd like!!