I am hopeful for the first time in a long time.

Options
I got this app for my phone earlier this month because my sister in law had one when she came to visit for Christmas and she lost a bunch of weight.
I never really felt like I struggled with my weight until after I had my son. I'd never been rail thin, but not fat either.I was in the military when I had him so for a while afterwards that is what kept me in line, mostly exercising a lot and starving myself on crazy diets because I had to stay withing body regulations. But it was still at the maximum of those limits if not over. But when I got out things just went overboard. I now weigh what I weighed when I was nine months pregnant. I'm really excited about this so far. I started using it a few days ago. The first day, I just ate whatever and made sure to include it in the food diary. I was so shocked at the amount of calories I had consumed. It's been the best way for me to see that if i want to eat more, i need to eat healthier. I've lost 2 pounds in 2 days. I now weigh 248. I'm looking forward to weighing 239 and then 229 after that etc. My favorite feature is the bar code scanner for the phone. I just need to verify what the serving size is so I know I'm putting in the right information.
I'd gotten to the point where I didn't even want to get out of bed, that was so unlike me before. I would hear the alarm once and get up, no snooze button needed. I got up this morning rested, not tired, not dreading the day, hopeful. It's strange feeling good.
I don't think anyone will read this, but I guess I just needed to say it to someone even if it's an anonymouse website.

Replies

• MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    We will read it.
    It's great.
    I've been using this for about 11 days and I'm feeling better than I have in a long time.
    Best of luck.
    Amanda
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I read it! I'm really glad that you are feeling good about your future for the first time. Treating our bodies and minds better makes such a difference! I'm so happy for you!
  • nthesadl
    nthesadl Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking a super positive step!! I was skeptical at first about using this site because others either did not have a large enough food database or they were way too slow to use. This website is the absolute best I have found and, what I like the best is, the more you exercise the more calories you are allotted for the day. *Woo Hoo* Talk about motivation!! (I love food.)

Since I started using this website (daily) to log both food eaten and exercise done, I have lost 11 pounds now. I also learned that you can burn a LOT of calories by playing on a Wii....either the Wii fit or any of the sports they have on there. Big fun and melting calories at the same time. Love it!

Kudos to you...and...keep up the great job!!
  • Yahme
    Yahme Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Greetings Rulebreaker.... Yes people do read these posts.... Welcome and good luck with your journey - you CAN do it! I finally got tired of the yo-yo dieting I was doing over the last 17 years...last June I just started walking and watching my caloric intake. I found this app in July - love it! I am a "record keeping" type so it was perfect for me. From mid-June to EOM Dec I lost 60 pounds. I started the new year at 139 - hadn't seen that number for decades. This month I started KettleWorx workout - need to maintain the muscles.... So, keep up logging and doing what works for you and you will get there!:smile:
  • ileana84
    ileana84 Posts: 163
    Options
    I read it too =^_^= Its going to be awesome... :) And Im proud that you've joined us!
  • cmyrick75
    cmyrick75 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I read it too!! And congrats on joining!! Friend me if you would like some extra motivation! I am trying to lose"baby weight" as well! (I weigh more than when I was 9 months pregnant!)
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I read it too, and know how you're feeling. I'm new around here as well. Many things have contributed to my weight gain over the years. It's hard to believe looking at me now that at one point in my life I was training to do a marathon. Medical issues, childbearing, stress, & depression have all played into my weight gain. Congratulations on taking that first step! Take things slow & steady, one day at a time.
  • jojowink
    jojowink Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! keep up the good work:) I am new as well and look forward to getting all my "meals" entered to make this easier. Where is this "bar code" thing you speak of?!? I haven't heard of that yet?
  • rulerbreaker
    Options
    This is the first time I've gone to the website from my computer. Usually I just enter the food on my phone from the free app. On the phone you just have to touch "add to diary", then pick which meal your going to enter info for. In the search box where you would normally type the food you ate to search for it, next to the magnifying glass button is a button that looks like a barcode. When you click on it, it uses your camera as a barcode scanner to scan the barcode on the package of whatever it is you chose from the pantry or fridge or whatever. It automatically loads all the nutritional information and serving sizes and everything. Then it gets stored in your "most used items".
  • rulerbreaker
    Options
    I love that quote. It's so true.