How often do you weigh in?

Options
124»

Replies

• knoelledi
    knoelledi Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I "officially" weigh in once a week and measure every 2 weeks, always the same day. We take pics once a month, usually at either the last weighin of the month (september has many tuesdays, our weigh in day). Unofficially I weight myself about 3 times a day, but again, nothing is logged until that once a week.
  • Triplestep
    Triplestep Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I mean i think weighing weekly should be pretty worrying too. I mean if its up, you'd think that's a whole week gone to waste. Or you'd spend half the week looking anxiously forward to weighin in day. When you weigh daily you don't have to be anxious at all. Well not when you can account for the extra weight or drastic loss.
    Interesting point. I figured if weekly weigh-ins are bad for my psyche (for the exact reasons you mention) then daily weigh-ins must be worse. Never considered they could ease the anxiety - not provoke it.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily. After exercising and right before I hop in the shower. I like to know what's happening with my body. I like to see if the fluctuation is due to actual weight gain, salt causing water weight, or if I'm sore, I know it's due to my muscles holding onto water.

I measure monthly.

I know daily weigh-ins aren't for everyone. But it helps me.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Daily, to check fluctuations and keep me on track. I feel like if I wasn't weighing myself as much I'd be more tempted to go off course and blow it all. But I only record to MFP on Wednesdays. And I take measurements on the fourth Thursday of the month.
  • carolinaem
    carolinaem Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I record my weight once a week, but weigh every morning. Weighing daily helps me keep my goals in my mind. I find when I slack off on weighing myself regularly, I also tend to slack off on sticking to my calorie goals.

Everyone has a different method that works for them!
  • alligatorrawr
    alligatorrawr Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    thanks for calling me clueless. I understand what fluctuations are and why they happen. I also know the type of personality I have and anxiety I have and that is why I do not do it daily.
  • alligatorrawr
    alligatorrawr Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I record my weight once a week, but weigh every morning. Weighing daily helps me keep my goals in my mind. I find when I slack off on weighing myself regularly, I also tend to slack off on sticking to my calorie goals.

Everyone has a different method that works for them!

that's what I used to do but after some personal issues I'm a little more anxious and nervous all the time haha. I think once I start actually losing weight I will be okay with fluctuations. out of curiosity I hopped on the scale and it went up a pound and I freaked out hahaha. I'm good now but I am waitin til my actual weigh in day!
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    As of now I plan on doing a weekly weigh in and monthly taping. I sometimes get anxious and weigh in early and (like today) when the weight is a little bit higher I get so discouraged! (don't worry I am behaving) But I was just curious as what other people do so I can try that :)

I do exactly the same thing. I also weigh in first thing Friday morning and always in the buff.
  • ljnftw
    ljnftw Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily knowing that the weight will fluctuate. I also make sure to weight in at the same time.

BUT I do not change my weight here until I hit the same weight or lower for three straight days. i think this keeps me from hitting a lower day one week and a higher day the next and think I am falling back. My weight can vary 2-3 points over a 24 hour time frame.

So if I weigh 187 one day, 185 the next, and 187 the third I feel comfortable changing my weight to 187.

And I also do not change my weight up if I go up a pound or two over a three day period.
  • SashaJaneJ
    SashaJaneJ Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every two weeks on a Friday morning.
  • stayc455
    Options
    I only weigh in every 3 months