Boot camp holidays in the UK?

Options
Hello all,

I am a stressed bunny lately. I have a lot on. I'm not going to go in to it all here, but I'm likely to have a gap in my schedule soon and I really quite intensely need a break, away from everything and everyone.

So, I've been wondering about boot-camp breaks. Because then I get away, I have something to do, I get to chill, and I get to work out and eat healthily without having to think about it, and hopefully come back feeling better about myself and everything else too.

Has anybody been on any of these, especially within the UK? I'm looking for something where I can keep myself busy but maybe aren't obliged to take part in everything... I'm kind of going through a lot of emotional stuff right now and.... well, do they let you have your own space if you need it? Or would you be better off starting at a lower stress level anyway?

I dunno, I'm just looking into the idea, but any tips would be great.

Replies

• aethre
    aethre Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    bumpity-bump
  • RachelaT90
    RachelaT90 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm not sure where you would like to go but I know someone who went to a bootcamp near newcastle and said it was great, Northern Bootcamp I think it's called but I think it's quite pricey. Best thing to do is google, luckily they are getting quite popular over here there are more than a few to choose from. Hope you are okay x
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome, DO IT!
  • aethre
    Options
    Hey I'm not sure where you would like to go but I know someone who went to a bootcamp near newcastle and said it was great, Northern Bootcamp I think it's called but I think it's quite pricey. Best thing to do is google, luckily they are getting quite popular over here there are more than a few to choose from. Hope you are okay x

I looked up that Northern Bootcamp, it looks really great! I'm in the north of Scotland so Devon would be a bit far but I don't mind a drive... Northumberland is definitely do-able. It's on my list!
  • RachelaT90
    RachelaT90 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i'm north east of scotland! But it was someone I knew when I lived in Edinburgh so obviously it was only an hours drive from there, which is significantly less than you!

Hope you found something?

x
  • aethre
    Options
    Oh, I didn't notice the reply to this! My contract got extended another six weeks so I've not had chance yet... will have to see what happens with work as to when I can actually get chance to go! But thanks for your help, I think that one's my best option!