Omaha, NE Friends Wanted on MFP!!!!

Options
I would love to add some friends from the Omaha, NE and surrounding areas.

My husband likes to eat out often. Because of this, I've been pretty good at researching places before heading into eat. Sometimes it's not about finding a low cal dish, but only eating half of that big dish to cut the calories. I think it would be great to be able to communicate with others in the Omaha area about restaurants, work out ideas/areas, etc.

If you're interested... FRIEND ME!!!! :)

Kelli

Replies

• sexylonglegs
    Options
    OMG, hi!!!!!!!

I live in Bellevue and my friend that is on here with me lives in Omaha. Add her too!
  • RebeccaDreams
    Options
    Hi there! I live in Papillion! Whereabouts are you in Omaha??

Rebecca:drinker:
  • sexylonglegs
    Options
    My friend is:
    Dazeddamsel
  • JoJo1953
    JoJo1953 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hi, I use to live in Blair, NE but now I live in SC.:flowerforyou:
  • mwkinney
    mwkinney Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I live in Omaha here as well. So happy to see so many people from Omaha trying to finally take control of their lives! Feel free to add me :)
  • ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Live in Bellevue, work in Omaha!
  • MaySunrise
    MaySunrise Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Work in Council Bluffs, Live in Omaha.
    Did you know that Omaha has more restaurants per capita than any other city our size?
    Let me know if you figure out those "eat out" calories!!
  • hallmarkgirl
    Options
    Hi there! I just moved to Omaha this month, but if I find any good places I'll be sure to let you know :)!
  • kpovich
    kpovich Posts: 27
    Options
    Oh, hallmarkgirl, you're in for a treat. There are TOO many good places to eat!!!! :) as MaySunrise points out! lol

The trick is knowing before you go in. For example, we go to Buffalo Wild Wings ALL THE TIME. I know that if I get the grilled chicken sandwhich with no dressing, use a little mayo, get a side salad with low fat Italian... I'm under 500 calories. So, if I know I'm going there, I save up my calories... or work out a little extra. :)
  • hallmarkgirl
    Options
    haha yes, being new here everybody has taken me to all their favorite places. Not the best thing for trying to loose weight! Good advice though thanks :)
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Shenandoah Iowa here! Originally from northern Indiana. :flowerforyou:
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I'm from Shenandoah, Iowa too. About 50/60 miles south of Omaha. We come to CB/Omaha quite often to shop/eat. I will put you in touch with my sister - she lives in Bellevue!!
  • kimmiesvogan
    kimmiesvogan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in Omaha and just recently started going to the gym as well as tracking food / exercise on MFP - looking for friends to add for tips, chat and motivation
  • MKPRN
    MKPRN Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am in Papillion! I LOVE taking advantage of all the restaurants in this town but I agree it is difficult. I love eating at non-chain type restaurants but it is so hard to figure out the calorie counts!
  • OKmac3
    OKmac3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I grew up in the Omaha area but now live in Oklahoma...Boomer Sooner!
  • MaeBae22
    Options
    Hi! Just recently joined MFP and also live in Omaha. Although I've only logged a few times I'm becoming quite aware of all the junk I eat. My motivation for working out has dwindled because I can't seem to find a workout that holds my attention. Anyways, I'm just looking for some "you can do it!" motivation.
  • kprangernix07
    kprangernix07 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    People in Omaha have internet???? Just kidding. I live there too! :) The pedestrian bridge downtown is an awesome run... so is the Con Agra park, and Gene Leahey Mall.
  • dskipp1
    dskipp1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I live in Omaha. I am in the Millard Area!
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I live in Lincoln. :)
  • SandyCheeks1985
    SandyCheeks1985 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I live in Grand Island and frequent Omaha and Lincoln a lot! Please add me! :)