What is my LOOK? **warning: fashion related**

Options
After being overweight since the late 90s I realise that in slimming down to 125lbs (or so) I'll be faced with the thrilling and scary opportunity to buy myself clothes that actually show off rather than hide my figure. I am reasonably big busted and I don't know how much this will change, but I've been enjoying fantasising about wearing boned and bodycon dresses (as pictured). I have no idea what my body will eventually turn out to look and feel like, but it's fun to imagine.

What are your motivational fashion fantasies, future or present?

bodycon.JPG

Replies

• KrazyKenny1967
    Options
    My motivational fantasy is wearing a T shirt tucked in to my jeans and feeling comfortable (I actually do that now but I want to lose a little more,not quite there yet !)
  • idolessecstasy
    idolessecstasy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I used to wear my mom's old leather jacket when I was in high school but we never had the same body shape so it was always too small on me and it didn't/doesn't help that I'm still too overweight to fit in it properly. So... an asymmetrical leather motorcycle jacket is really motivating me right now.

0GgCQH3.png
  • fluffyasacat
    fluffyasacat Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I used to wear my mom's old leather jacket when I was in high school but we never had the same body shape so it was always too small on me and it didn't/doesn't help that I'm still too overweight to fit in it properly. So... an asymmetrical leather motorcycle jacket is really motivating me right now.

These are a really hard look to pull off because the waist is so high, and if you get a size up the arms are too long!
  • idolessecstasy
    idolessecstasy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    These are a really hard look to pull off because the waist is so high, and if you get a size up the arms are too long!

The issue with the one I used to wear was that it just couldn't fit around my chest/stomach. :c Other than that I thought it looked fine on me. But with anything it's always about trying to find the perfect one that fits you right but... yeah.
  • cjames010
    cjames010 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I really, really want to find jeans that fit me!
    It wasn't so hard when I was bigger.
    However, the last two pairs of jeans I bought fit fine in the dressing room, but look really baggy after about 2 hours of wear.
    So frustrating!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    The best thing about hitting my goal weight was being able to just wear whatever was trendy in stores and not worrying much about how it would work on my body. I was never very heavy (5'4", 145 lb at my biggest, 118 now) but I used to have enormous breasts and a pretty extreme looking hourglass figure and it really made a lot of clothes look terrible on me, either super frumpy or super sexy.

Now, though, I can pretty much pick up anything and know that it'll look okay if it fits. It's great but kinda scary because I'm not limited to the same three styles of top I used to buy, dresses of all shapes fit, and now it's kind of harder to buy clothes, actually, because I have more options.

I still dream about being 5'10", and not everything looks great on me, but I do have many more things I'm comfortable with now. This summer I wore tons of cropped tops, high-low skirts, and ballerina-style low scoop neck/back tops, and it was fun to be able to do it.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    when i reach goal weight i am going to have a renaissance dress made for me. i will probably never have a place where it is necessary to wear it. i will just randomly wear it around town.

but that isnt my style just something i always thought would be fun to have.

my style is tunics and black pants, but... i have no idea what i will buy once i can wear whatever i want (or pretty much anyway). this year my style is sporty which i never thought would happen but i am always active lately so i am always in sport clothes...

its interesting to think of because its true that some of what i wear is my style but how much of it is only so because it is what looks good on big me, and how much because it is what is actually my style.

i will probably like the same colors, prints, and shapes but get a little more daring with length and cut, especially at the waist.

maybe some day i will wear jeans again, or shorts instead of capris....
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    2012010913074159196.jpg

Gothic-Clothing.jpg

gothic-dresses-2.jpg

Lolita-Blouses-Dresses.jpg

4477622890_e2151b4bb4_o.jpg
  • palmer2356
    palmer2356 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Buy jeans without spandex in them!
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I've always loved baggy tops, but now, I'm starting to appreciate body-hugging shirts. Is like to wear one without my back fat being so obvious !:noway:
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    If your profile pic is current I can't imagine there would be much or any back fat to worry about :)
  • cdoesthehula
    cdoesthehula Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I used to have a really good quality tailored suit. It cost £700 and got thrown out when I moved house. :sad:

I'm treating myself to a new suit when I have lost weight. I'd like to do that before my tailor retires.

I'd also quite like to wear some of the old clothes that I wore the last time I was fit, but they'd look very dated now, I suppose. Plus I got rid of them, so that's something that's just in my head.
  • FoodFitnessTravel
    FoodFitnessTravel Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    exactly, something that will show off my body rather than hide it. i hope i'll be there soon.
    TIGHT dresses that i used to wear in the past, and shirts that show off my belly
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    A pencil skirt.

I also want a few 50's style dresses.

I'm not sure either one are "my look", but I'm finally not vehemently opposed to skirts and dresses (much to the delight of both my daughters).
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I used to have a really good quality tailored suit. It cost £700 and got thrown out when I moved house. :sad:

I'm treating myself to a new suit when I have lost weight. I'd like to do that before my tailor retires.

I'd also quite like to wear some of the old clothes that I wore the last time I was fit, but they'd look very dated now, I suppose. Plus I got rid of them, so that's something that's just in my head.

yea, i recently got into the bag of stuff i wore last time i was this size and they were sooooo out of style and also i had been like 25 and now at 36 they just looked silly on me anyway. more fun to start over anyway.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Pencil skirts. I love them and wear them already. But would love to wear them with a little more confidence. I would definitely go a little shorter and tighter if I were a bit smaller. :wink: For now, I rock them the best I can. I own about 6 or more, at the moment.

Pencil-Skirt-5.jpg

60f19eda8f343f390a468c308adbb81c.jpg

A nice fitting trench coat.

Minimalist-Wardrobe-Essentials-Women-Trench-Coats.png

A high-waisted "retro style" swimsuit.

SH3090-POLKA-350.JPG

And, it may sound weird, but at 5'1.5, I would like to wear some harem type yoga pants like these and be able to pull them off without looking too "fluffy".

DSC_4885.jpg
  • fluffyasacat
    fluffyasacat Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Pencil-Skirt-5.jpg
    CUTE
    SH3090-POLKA-350.JPG
    SUPER CUTE
    DSC_4885.jpg
    OMG YES
  • paintedlady52
    paintedlady52 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My motivation is to be able to wear the clothes I bought when I was nearly at goal weight (2 years ago) thinking I'd look better in them after losing that last 10lbs which either don't fit at all now or look even worse. They are still enough in fashion for an older lady to wear without looking dated.

I see them in the wardrobe daily and it hurts! :( But at least I didn't put all the weight back on. Just some of it. :)