from 15" of pain to 2 hours of energy in 6 months

Options
at the beginning of this year I started with walking 15" on a treadmill, pushing through the very painful experience of pre-diabetic neuropathy which is all day long burning painful feet, burning heat in calves and feet. it was all I could do to get through 15". My doctor said you must walk, it will feel worse before it gets better, and it will get better. By end of month I could push through 30" of pain. still hadn't lost a pound. if I could only lose a few pounds that would reduce the danger zone symptoms. Inability to lose weight while on proper diet and exercise is one of the signs of insulin resistance.

six months later, I am now able to easily walk pain free, and workout 2-2.5 hours daily. no more pain except days I skip workouts.
I walk at least 10k steps a day (an hour to 75" of walking for my pace), and I do yoga for 75" too. the yoga is highly beneficial for the organs and circulatory and diabetic conditions. I've lost a couple pounds and a ton of inches have dropped from my body. What's occurring now is my body and diet is turning a corner on the insulin resistance and is rebalancing all my hormones, after which I will get to a good body weight.

it pays to measure your success in terms of many ways, not just pounds lost. it all builds ontop of eachother...
keep on keeping on...

Replies

• fluffygrump
    fluffygrump Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress! Glad that you decided to take control of your health, despite the pain. Keep it going!!
  • stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    good job
  • maram29
    maram29 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Great job changing your life. Keep on...
  • Cruz2Fit
    Cruz2Fit Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You're saving your life!
  • MistyHiker
    MistyHiker Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My doctor said you must walk, it will feel worse before it gets better, and it will get better.

I wish my dad would listen to this advice. He has major pain in his feet and legs but always gives up. I always try and encourage. I need to show him your post.

Thanks!!
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    baby steps!! do what you can ! you are an awesome motivation!!

great job and keep it up!!!
  • Barcawyy
    Options
    Great job, keep it up !!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    That's great progress. Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!