Down 96 really close to my goal

Options
Hey all,

I've posted in other topics before but I did want to show you my progress. I started my journey a little over a year ago and my loss has changed my life for the better. There are many ways to loose weight, but the basics still seem to work for me, good diet (not fad) and a good work out regimen. Figure out your calorie intake and what you naturally loose, and then adjust with your workouts to add what you burn in that time so you always loose the same amount of calories every day and it does come off. I'm still not where I want to ultimately be, but I'm very happy with where I've come from and where I'm going. Now, if I could just get rid of those last few lbs to start getting toned in my mid-section.. lol. Goals, gotta have em!!

transformed.jpg
befoerafter.jpg

Replies

• jal92475
    jal92475 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Excellent job! You look fantastic and I bet you feel great too!
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    You look great! Such a huge difference. What prompted you to make changes?
  • BlondeButtercup127
    Options
    Amazing!! You look great!!
    Keep up the fantastic work!
  • techcoast
    techcoast Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks,

There was a lot that prompted it,

I suffered a lot of losses last year, relationships, jobs, money, cars, etc.. a lot changed. The only thing I could affect was myself. I had chased dreams to a fault and ignored people and myself. It finally all came to a screeching halt and I was forced to look at my situation for what it was.

I finally spent a lot of time facing stuff in my life that I had ignored for years. Fears, emotional baggage, etc.. Got myself put back together as it were. I found that a lot of my weight loss directly reflected my changes in myself in how I look at myself and feel about myself. As I continue to grow stronger in myself, my body reflects that in the weight loss and ability to keep going. But, it starts with what was going on inside.

For those who believe, my relationship with God also grew a lot stronger in this last year and the prayers and strength I found in that really was key in my transformation. That's how I was able to work through my stuff. :)

In any event, I'm a year later stronger, living on faith and A LOT more at peace than I ever have in my life. It's not easy, it's not a trick, it's a journey. But, for me, one worth taking. :)
  • allisonjforsyth
    allisonjforsyth Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Awesome job! You look amazing! Congrats!!
  • keshabbaker
    keshabbaker Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    WOW hard work pays off you look awesome:smile:
  • AShannon54
    AShannon54 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Great story! You are very inspirational. You must feel great!!
  • cmabnx
    cmabnx Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    so awesome. good for you!
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    My first response to anyones success story, although I've read them all.

Outstanding accomplishment. I really relate to chasing your dreams to the point of putting everything else off. Even though I'm still fighting to chase the dream, I realized it was slowly killing me and had to make the change. I hope I'm here in a year to share the same message.

Best of luck to you and your continued success. Never Quit at anything!
  • sweetaddict123
    sweetaddict123 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • Marbella29660
    Marbella29660 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Awesome with a capital A.....Go you!
  • techcoast
    techcoast Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm still pursuing my dream, but it's come with letting it go first and then finding my way back. I'm hoping that it comes soon, I've been studying animation for many years now. But, I won't let it stop me from enjoying my life or my family and friends ever again. :)
  • mslee369
    Options
    Without a doubt, absolutely wonderful!
  • frisco111
    frisco111 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Well done. Congrats.
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    marry me :bigsmile:
  • kharmon2013
    kharmon2013 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I hope you feel proud of yourself :) and use yourself and God for more motivation to get off those last lbs. Remember 2 Timothy 4-7 Don't quit don't give in, your an overcomer!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!