Lunch ideas? Often on the go

Options
The meal I most struggle with calories wise is lunch. For years and years this has been a sandwich, crisps and fruit. But this seems to clock in at around 700 calories in total and given it doesn't even keep
Me full for very long it seems such a waste!

I'm trying to come up with some ideas that will be around the 300-400 calorie mark (I always have fruit with it which tends to be around 100 calories so 300-400 cal doesn't include the fruit), if anyone has some ideas?

I have to be in the mood for soup or salad - if I'm not in the mood I don't feel satisfied after eating that. Sometimes I'm at home for lunch and therefore have access to fridge/microwave but more often I'm working - I'm freelance so food is kept in
My car all day and I don't have a cooler at the moment. (And absolutely skint - not in a position to go buy one anytime soon!)

So yeah go, give me some ideas! I'm not very fussy, the only thing I don't eat is fish.

Replies

• swet02
    Options
    I usually prepare my Lunch early in the morning and just heat it up during lunch, plan my lunch a night before. I usually marinade chicken or chop vegetables and just put it in the refrigerator. Logged in my recipes here to make sure I only consume 300 to 400 cal during lunch. Making healthy meal does comsume time, but its worth the time, eating healthy always worth the time, I tried not to eat take home meals or ready to eat meal, because I dont know what they put in it, and often times its not really healthy.
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I have a sandwich and yogurt for lunch most days and it hits right around 400.

2 slices bead= 140
    1/2 a BUddig lunch meat package= 45 cal
    Slice of Sargento cheese= 80 cal
    mustard= 10 cal
    Yoplait Greek 100 pot= 100 cal
    Grand total= 375

Sometimes I use the Sara Lee 45 Calories and Delightful breads. and those save another 50 cals.
  • IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options
    I've been having:
    1x75g roll,
    6g of Flora
    4 slices of wafter thin chicken
    130ishg clementine (weighed with skin on)
    50g of smoked sausage
    and 1 packet of Walkers French Fries crisps.
    This comes in at around 500cals.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    I go with a high protein, low carb lunch. I use a variety of yummy lunch-meats (ham, roast beef, bacon, hard salami, whatever your heart desires), some cheese (get good cheese - I do low-fat so I can have more), good mustard. Put a couple of pickles in a tupperware, or maybe some olives. Whole thing is about 350 - 400 calories.

As for the wrap, I use OLE Extreme Wellness (high fiber, low carb) wrap - I get these at Walmart. We have tried a bunch of wraps and some are downright repulsive. This one is pretty good and the whole family likes it when we use them for chicken enchildas

o52nmq.jpg

Edit to resize picture
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    It seems like you are into the convenience of what's been working, but may need to tweak it. If you are into sandwiches, then try to cut the calories off it a little at a time. Start with one slice of cheese instead of two, or try a lower calorie bread. Maybe you could incorporate a salad, but have a snack a little later in the afternoon. I'm not a soup person, but I do love salads. I put all sorts of leftovers on it, to make it kind of hearty.