Nutella

Options
I love it and I miss it :(

Replies

• wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    No reason for you to miss it. Just use it sparingly and in moderation, measure everything and log it all. If you have a Cost Plus World Market anywhere near you they sell it in single serving packs where you can buy just one at a time if you wanted to instead of having a whole jar on hand to tempt you. But I'm a firm believer that denying yourself something entirely will only make you crave it more and then make you more prone to a slip up where you consume a lot more of something than you normally would.
  • jacolyncoker123
    Options
    Nutella and peanut butter sandwiches were the main part of my diet over the summer, and I lost 20 lbs. As long as you're eating only the recommended serving size, there's no reason to miss it (:
  • susioryan
    susioryan Posts: 180
    Options
    I am a food blog junkie and a recipe for peanutella was given (yay no transfats, milk etc) just roasted peanuts, honey and a really good cocoa powder. Food process until smooth. Add a little peanut oil and sea salt if needed. Crazy good.
    Now go make yourself some.
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    If you have a Cost Plus World Market anywhere near you they sell it in single serving packs where you can buy just one at a time if you wanted to instead of having a whole jar on hand to tempt you.

This. I found a different brand of chocolate hazelnut spread in single 1 oz serving packets. OMG. I definitely bought some. I won't pretend I didn't pry open and lick that package, and while certainly not a proud moment, it was definitely better than sitting down with a spoon and a jar only to wish later it had never happened.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Make your own! It's very easy - I make my own and it's barely sweet at all - I love the slightly bitter dark chocolate/hazelnut taste, but you could add however much sweetener you want, and use it in moderation. I avoid commercial nutella due to the processed sugars, but in general I believe nothing should be "off limits" (though you might try finding a healthier version that does the trick).

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/120876-homemade-nutella-all-natural
  • jenniecustodio09
    Options
    I recently picked up Better'N Peanut Butter from Trader Joes and it's AMAZING! Only 50 calories per tbsp and I actually does taste BETTER than peanut butter! Such a great way to bring peanut butter back into your life! :)
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Oh how i love nutella!!! my breakfast every morning!!! DONT GIVE IT UP!!! i have a nutrigrain eggo (low fat) with 1 tbs of nutella----only 170 calories!!!
  • julianpoutram
    julianpoutram Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Food of the gods nutella! xD I avoid it like the plague these days! Once i get a taste i just cant help myself! :(
  • spuzo
    spuzo Posts: 50
    Options
    I grew up on Nutella. I still buy it for the family.

Does anyone remember the white chocolate version of Nutella?? That was my absolute fave and they stopped making it years ago :(
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I maybe let myself have it once a week as a treat/snack. The ingredient list is just so not that great for this trying to eat clean girl!
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I can't keep that stuff at my house anymore...I could literally just eat it out of the jar with a spoon..lol. So I leave it at the store :(
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    I love it! Mm its almost as bad as my addiction to peanut butter!
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I can't keep that stuff at my house anymore...I could literally just eat it out of the jar with a spoon..lol. So I leave it at the store :(

Me too. I really can't think of anything that tastes better than Nutella. It's just that good. I think I could down a whole jar in one sitting. I just can't buy it.
  • agibsonky
    agibsonky Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite snacks/breakfasts is a banana with nutella spread on it...It only takes about 1 teaspoonful to do the trick and the whole thing is less than 200 calories!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Over the weekend I made Nutella hot cocoa and it was worth every. single. calorie.

I just put a tablespoon in a cup of milk and whisk it over med-low heat until it's smooth and hot. You can add more Nutella to the milk if you want it stronger but be aware of your calories because they add up quick with that stuff! You could probably nuke it but I don't have a microwave so I couldn't say how well it would work.