Half way there!

I just stepped on the scale for the first time in a while, I get kind of nervous about the numbers especially if they plateau for a while.

Anyway, I was happy to see the scale at 130 lbs which is half way to my goal of 120 lbs. Losing that first 10 lbs took 4 months but hopefully that means it stays off.

I find that MFP really helps me to be mindful of what I'm eating. It is way to easy to "not count" food. For me it was finishing the leftovers on my kids plates and the small but frequent "treats" I was having. My meals have stayed pretty much the same but cutting out those extra calories had made a huge difference.

I still hurts to put the kids left overs in the compost but if it isn't salvageable for another meal then it is better going back to the earth than onto my hips :)

That being said I am also doing better at creating "left over" dinners, just takes some imagination. Hopefully the last 10 is gone by Christmas, that would be the best present ever!

Replies

• Giddyduck
    Giddyduck Posts: 212 Member
    Way to go. It was and still is a challenge. I have 10 to go for my goal as well.

I have been up and down with the last 5 pounds but I know that this is a journey not a diet. Becoming aware has helped me and it sounds like it has helped you too.

Congrats. You got this.
  • Leanbean65
    Leanbean65 Posts: 176 Member
    Thanks for the support! It feels good to see numbers going down and clothes getting looser :)