They can do it so why can't I?

Options
I’ve been a heavy guy for all my life and I’ve tried diets, working out however I haven’t seen much success. I started thinking about getting back to it at the end of last year and started to prepare my mind for the grunting task ahead of me. I started seeing previews of Heavy and that caught my attention. After the first episode, I was like WOW. If they can do it, why can’t I? While I’m not as heavy as the other guys and don’t have the health issues, I’ve taken this show as a wakeup call. If they can lose the weight, why can’t I? I’m here to look for tips, suggestions and feedback from people looking to do the same thing. I’m sure we can pull together as a group and make this happen.

Replies

• 951heather
    951heather Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it!!!
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Definately!! Im so glad I found this site too, its so great for motivation!! Good luck to you! You can do it!! =)
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    You can definitely do it!!!!!
  • Rhross
    Rhross Posts: 3
    Options
    Yes you can do it, it takes dedication and will power. A made up mind can do wonders for a body, I have never been more determined and dedicated to my health as I am this time around. I talk to my Lord and Savior, because we my friend and family are not around HE is the only one that understands. Be encouraged Boo you can do it !!!
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Patience and persistence will pay off. Just never quit! I was overweight for about 8 years and thought it would be a miracle if I could get down to 150 again. I'm now 125 - the same as when I graduated from high school. No fancy classes or expensive equipment necessary. I just needed to understand calories in vs calories out and get it under control! You can do it too =)
  • skinnymom10
    Options
    Hi I just wanted to tell you that you have a GREAT attitude. If you want to succeed in your weight loss goals, the first step is the right attitude!!! I began losing weight last January and I have lost 45 pounds so far. I still want to lose about 25 more. The best tip that I can give to you is watch the sugar and carbs. I bought a book last year called "the Belly Fat Cure" by Jorge Cruise. It talks all about the dangers of hidden sugar and excessive carb consumption. It is a great book. I have tried many diets and this is a lifestyle change but once you get accustomed to it, it is the best thing that you can ever do for yourself.

Have a great day and good luck.
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    You'll do great man!! Just keep at it, don't give up and when you have a tough day (which will happen), lean on your friends, family and the MFP people for support. Good luck!!
  • TakingBackMyLife2005
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your support and words of encouragement. This really means a lot to me and will help keep me on the right path!!