Time for a change!!!

Options
Hi Well i have spent this weekend logged on to mfp & have made a few friends..I need to made a lifestyle change for the better ..Will be starting my journey tomorrow & any tips would be really appreciated ... For years now my diet has consisted of no breakfast a cracker or two for lunch a sandwich or wrap for dinner I do afternoon shift so i get home around 1am usually have a snack before bed.. (sometimes i binge eat) I haven't yet worked everything out on mfp but in time i hope i can join in discussions ect...It's kind of scary cause i think i've been using food as a comfort thing will have to get my head around it somehow... Any thoughts ?? Cheers Lisa

Replies

• micromommy850
    Options
    Welcome, Lisa! I know what you mean about using food as an escape. I have suffered from BED (binge eating disorder) for the better part of a decade, and have just recently accepted the fact that I do in fact have a problem that is making other incurable health problems worse, and have gotten myself on the path of change! One thing you should try to work on is stopping yourself from comfort eating. Comfort eating can turn into a legitimate eating disorder if it gets out of hand. I'd love to be support buddies!

-Desiree
  • htrombleyl
    htrombleyl Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I can tell you that it is truly fantastic. I helps when you are feeling lazy and you start seeing the calories burned by everyone. For me it is a great motivator. I love sharing my goals and I have been more active since I started talking. I have lost almost 30lbs since I started logging everyday and I am not on a diet. I just look at food differently. If I want to order out or go to a resturant then I check the calories first. If it can fit in my day then I eat it. Sometimes I work out just so I can eat what I want. Higher fat and calorie food is not off limits I just have to work a little harder to get it. Start slowly. The first two weeks are the hardest after that you just get used to it. Remember log it before you eat it!
  • alockhart84
    alockhart84 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I started challenge with myself on September 1st to get more fit & in shape. Little changes make a difference, taking the stairs every day instead of the elevator. But logging everything in makes a difference & being accountable for what i eat. I started it on my own & have to people from work who decided to join me on it. It was been good to have them with me, make me aware of what I am eating. I wanted to cheat one day at lunch they just reminded me I would have to log it. If you get friends to with you, or just add friend on here to motivate you it will help.