Candy Bar Craving

Options
Ok everyone, I have had a major craving for a candy bar for a couple of days. What kind of candy bar/candy bar substitute can I eat without ruining my diet? (This will be a 1-time thing, perhaps once a month.)

Replies

• madina62
    madina62 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love candy and especially chocolate! I've swapped out my candy for a piece of dark chocolate and I haven't been craving candy bars @ all!
  • MrsKAddy
    MrsKAddy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I say eat the candy bar and count the calories! Hopefully the realization of how many calories are in the candy will stop you dead in your tracks :-) But if it doesn't, that's OK!!! You shouldn't deprive yourself! Just make smart choices and control your portions!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I say, treat yourself to one bar per month of your favorite. If you feel too guilty about it (which I wouldn't), then maybe just eat half.

EDIT TO ADD:
    That although I do give in to my cravings from time to time, I do find that I crave these things less and less. So, in the beginning, it may make it easier to allow yourself the treat. As time goes on, you just naturally look at food differently and really ponder if something is "worth" eating.
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I do the Fiber one bars! The caramel ones are especially sweet and soooo good. Plus you get 9 grams of fiber and I think 3 grams of protein. Super yummy and only 140 cals!
  • tracybates
    tracybates Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    To help me when I am craving candy or chocolate, I have a Fiber One 90 Calorie bar. They are very good and fill you up also.
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    3 muskateers is one of the lower-calorie ones :-)
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    yea I say have it- I've switched to dark choc but only cuz I love it (Godiva Dark Choc and raspberry...mmmmm..and its in segments so if you dont want the whole thing you dont have to) But I eat at least one candy bar a week. Proly more
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'll give in and have the candy bar as a treat! :wink:
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I am so not the person to ask this today ... I have had 5 squares of chocolate.

On OTHER days however, I do crunchy unsalted almond butter ... it is SOOOOOOOOOOOO good but not everyone likes it.
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    Personally, I would eat what you're craving. If you're like me you have a specific one in mind. I'm a Snickers gal myself. Mmmmmm.

If you pawn off your craving on a candy bar you didn't want as much because it was healthier it might not do the trick.

To maybe wean off of actual candy bars, depending on what you like (like I said, I'm a Snickers, so peanuty, chocolatey is my thing) there are some NUTrition (yeh, that's how they do it) by Planters that are AWESOME. For 170 calories for my favorite - the chocolate peanuty one of course - they're very good and I don't typically feel bad about eating them.
  • CrazyCatLadee2
    CrazyCatLadee2 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I love the fiber plus bars (not to be confused with the fiber one bars). They are yummy, high fiber and protein and about 130 in calories.
  • cdino
    cdino Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If you like ice cream, I highly recommend the Smart Ones candy bar ice cream bars.
    They are 150 calories each. It is like a frozen snickers bar made with vanilla ice crea with caramel and peanuts on top and covered all around with chocolate. They are really yummy!
    You buy them in the ice cream section of the supermarket and there are 6 in the box.
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    you could research the ingredients of your favorite candy bars. maybe you'll be so disgusted you won't want them anymore, unless you don't care about eating bugs...LOL i'm torn! i know what's in them, yet i still eat them! but i'm trying to learn how to actually make my own versions of my favorites.
  • dkconklin
    dkconklin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't crave candy but I love love love cookies... I just have hubby put them up on the highest kitchen shelf and if I want one I have to ask him... it keeps me accountable... He would never tell me "no" but it's just my way of keeping myself in check.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I say eat the candy bar and count the calories! Hopefully the realization of how many calories are in the candy will stop you dead in your tracks :-) But if it doesn't, that's OK!!! You shouldn't deprive yourself! Just make smart choices and control your portions!

Agreed!! As long as you only treat yourself once a month, you can eat whatever kind of candy bar you're craving.
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    3 muskateers is one of the lower-calorie ones :-)

mmmmmm
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    LARABAR: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip flavor!
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I'd say a Fiber One, Fiber Plus or a Special K protein bar. They all taste like candy bars to me!
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    I will buy a hershey bar , break it into seperate single pieces, drop them in a ziplock bag, place in freezer and when that occasional chocolate craving comes I pop one in my mouth and let it melt.

get my candy, chocolate and satisfy my craving all in one.

I like the sugar free chocolate too
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    To be honest I prefer protein bars or fiber bars to candy bars. Seems like a candy bar just doesn't seem to really satisfy me. I do want one sometimes, but usually regret it because it leaves me wanting something more filling.