26 year old woman needs to lose 50 pounds

Options
Hi there!

I am 26 and live in Delaware. I have been at this weight loss journey for years.

I have been overweight my entire life except for a couple years after graduating H.S. In 2006 I put myself on a very strict diet and exercise program, the problem was I wasn't eating enough or the right type of foods. I ate about 800-1000 calories a day and ended up in the hospital because of massive dizzy spell One morning I hit my head on a countertop and blacked out. In the end instead of just learning how to eat healthier and a little more, I reverted to old habits and gained all of my weight back and probably a few pounds on top of that.

Ever since then I have been on the constant struggle of losing weight. I am ready to give this my all and become the healthy, fit, active person that I know I am down under.

I would love some friends for the journey. Feel free to send me a friend request!

Replies

• micromommy850
    Options
    Welcome! Your story is similar to mine: overweight my whole life, went too strict and gained everything back and more.... It's tough! I'm trying MFP (after stopping when I got too strict) again, and I'd love to connect with some buddies to support each other on here! I have a blog: http://micromommy850.wordpress.com/ that has more about me and my journey if you're interested, as well as a tumblr: http://thehealthybutterfly.tumblr.com/ . Are you trying any specific diets or methods?

-Desiree
  • crawfishgirl333
    crawfishgirl333 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    welcome , im about the same could lose fitty or more pounds ive just been on here for two weeks now ive lost five pounds so far. its really easy once you get used to loggging the foods.. i cheat on my foods sometimes. im really not a healthy eater ,, well just started to put veggies in my diet im mainly counting the calories and doing portion sizes.. i still eat what i like just less and move more, if i stop the sweet stuff and all the cajun food we eat when i stop watching my calories ill just gain it back so ill learn to eat less. its hard im from Louisiana where we eat spicy foods here , im 5 2 and weigh 173 today was at close to 180 last few weeks back, i cant climb over 180// I i want to be at 150 at least, i was there two yrs ago from a protein diet, but it was expensive and this is free, sometimes it seems im eating more, good luck i hope to here from u
  • arrielle10
    Options
    Hi!

I've almost been here a month. I've had 2 "cheat meals" but other then that have been logging my calories and exercising. The program is pretty easy to use and it kinda becomes a habit. I've lost 14 pounds so far. I want to lose about 66 more.
  • chriamaria
    chriamaria Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've always had problems with my weight. I once got down to a size 14 before I had kids. After kids I got all the way up to a 22/24 and am now a 16/18.