Vegan or Vegetarian Cookbooks that give nutrition amount?

Options
shartran
shartran Posts: 304 Member
Please share your vegetarian/vegan cookbooks or sites that supply nutritional amounts to each recipe.

Thanks so much!
Sherri

Replies

• kcmartell
    kcmartell Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a keto diet so generally I only count the carbs, add it to mfp and then see the calories. If you are interested in carbs Celia Brroks low carb vegetarian cook book and Rose Elliott's low carb vegetarian diet and the accompanying cook book list the carbs and protein. Don't know if that's helpful if you're mostly counting calories
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    allrecipes... not only veg but tons of veg recipes and provides nutrition info.
  • Skye53
    Options
    Have you tried cronometer its free and gives you nutrient ect
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I usually just put the data from a recipe in the recipe builder on this site, since I tend to make substitutions and changes to recipes all the time. Just pick a cookbook with recipes you like, and generate your own data. It's easy and quite likely more accurate if you are calculating with your specific brands and quantities of ingredients.
  • I like the Oh She Glows cookbook and blog. It doesn't give nutrition facts, but a lot of the recipes are already in the MFP database.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Happy Herbivore light and lean
  • erinknurse1
    Options
    There are some vegetarian recipes in the hungrygirl.com cookbooks and she always lists the nutrition.
  • bespatter
    bespatter Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Low-Cal Vegan Comfort Food and Appetite For Reduction both give calories counts.
  • ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    There might be one or two that I have at home I'll have to check - but you can import any recipe from online using MFP and it is SOOO easy