389 lbs, no more hiding!

Options
Hello :)
I have been morbidly obese for 16 years. In the end i felt so bad about myself that i would almost never leave the house, although i would have been fit enough to do it. I do not know what my heaviest weight was but after already having lost some weight, it was 420lbs / 190.3 kg on the 10th of june. Have since lost 14 kg / 30 lbs, most of that since joining mfp on the 17th of august.
I exercise 3 to 5 times a week for 2 hours (swimming, aqua jogging and other activities in the pool) or go walking.
Since end of june i have changed many things, i do not hide anymore and gained a lot of confidence.
I log in here every day and log every bite and bit. I have a very long way to go though and would love to find some mfp friends - to keep each other motivated and accountable.

Replies

• independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Its wonderful and inspiring to hear your story. Congratulations on your loss so far! That is amazing. :) Sounds like you have a solid plan and are kicking butt at it!

I have 100 lbs to lose. I'd love to add you as a friend.

Keep doing what your doing. Never give up! Love yourself and be kind to yourself on your journey.

We can do this!
  • bdenitto
    bdenitto Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Logging my food and exercising has changed my life. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • jerseygene
    jerseygene Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Well done Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • robertcondella
    robertcondella Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I also have about 100 lbs to lose, feel free to add me as a friend...
  • Grizzly32
    Options
    I have a long way to go too. Feel free to add me if you want :)
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    Hi nice to meet you :) I find this site is very encouraging and I have learned so much :) You have done a great job so far and should be very proud. I started at 465lbs 3 years ago and this site is one of the main reasons I have been able to dedicate myself and not give up. IF you are looking for people to help encourage and motivate you feel free to add me. Best of luck on your journey :)
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you and congrats on taking steps towards getting healthy.
  • Neritel
    Neritel Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone :)
  • KValmera71
    KValmera71 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I started at 345 lbs and I am 328 at this point. I am slowly tweaking my diet and trying new things to see what works and what does not. Thank you for adding me! I look forward to sharing this journey with you :)
  • Neritel
    Neritel Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Likewise :)
  • paulasews
    Options
    Hi :) I'm currently 355, having lost 15.5lbs over the last month so we have a similar journey ahead. Feel free to add me x
  • epicea
    Options
    Hello! I've been obese all my life too. I need to loose 75kg (165lbs) and finally realised that I'll never be able to do that with yo-yo dieting followed by binge eating. So I'm counting calories and doing 5:2 at the moment. My metabolism is so messed up after years of various fad diets and overeating and it's very hard for me to loose any weight if I'm not on a strict diet plan.

Please feel free add me as your friend and good luck in your weight loss journey!
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are motivated and on the right track. I can totally relate. In the beginning I often joked with people that my goal was to move from being morbidly obese to obese (it wasn't really a joke)...now I face the final 40-50 pounds I need to lose; then there will be tuning things for another year and a lifetime of "watching it." I know you will make it!

73641431.png
  • dusjujr
    dusjujr Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have a long way to go as well.. I'm with you

keep up the good work
  • lisacarrana
    lisacarrana Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Logging my food and exercising has changed my life. Feel free to add me as a friend!

I could not agree more. Good luck and well done.
  • MsDellyssa
    MsDellyssa Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I started not far behind you at 383 lbs last May, but I didn't get active (get it? active) with MFP until July when I decided to get serious. I'm down 17 lbs and I'm taking my time.. got 186 lbs to go. I try to work out an hour a day but life gets in the way at times so I do what I can.

I am doing the September 2014 MOVE IT 180-360+ minutes a Week Challenge!! and I've been keeping up with the 180 minutes trying to go over the minimum when I can. Add me if you like.
  • Luizam25
    Luizam25 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Great...keep going! You can do it!
  • starseed777
    starseed777 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. Congrats on your progress thus far. I also have a lot of weight to lose and have found tremendous support on MFP. I have lost over 44pounds so far. Please feel free to add me. I log on everyday and would love to encourage and be encouraged.
  • trishiebishie
    Options
    I have a long road ahead! Add me too if you want. :)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Congratulations ! Your definitely in the right place!! Read threw the success stories and you'll see that many have started at your weight (and heavier) and have had great success here! You can do this!!