Hi from Iowa.

Options
Hi everyone.

I joined MFP over a year ago, and then….yeah, nothing.

For my birthday in January my sister got me a few ½ hour sessions with a trainer. I sat on the gift certificates for months. Finally at the end of June I decided to dive in. I loved it so much I purchased more sessions. However, I wasn’t losing weight. I wasn’t paying any attention to my diet. I had this false hope that working out with the trainer would rev my metabolism and I’d start losing weight.

My trainer asked me to give her 2 weeks commitment on MFP. LOG EVERYTHING. This came after 7 weeks of only losing 4 pounds (up and down or no loss).

I just thought of giving up. But, I told her I would do it! I don’t even think it took the two weeks and it just clicked. I’m now 16 ½ pounds down.

I enjoy reading the message boards. I’m even past the initial shock of the wide spectrum of personalities and beliefs. And, love the dry humor and sarcasm I see (mostly). You people crack me up!

But, I’ve never introduced myself and asked for friends. I’m enjoying the ones I have. They are great.
Now, I’m looking for more friends.

I’m 45, single (never married) mom of a 10 year old girl. I live in a fairly small town in Iowa. I am 5’ 7” and currently at 251.3 pounds and my first major goal is to hit Onederland. After that I will reevaluate where I want to land weight-wise. I believe in CICO. Though I am making better choices I still enjoy on occasion pizza, ice cream, and don’t foresee myself ever giving up chocolate.

I’m looking for others that are around the same stats as me or have the same goal. (Though I’m not going to decline requests not within those parameters.)

My question of the day is – What are you looking forward to during/after your journey?

1. I want to be able to shop in a clothing store that doesn’t even carry plus sizes!
2. I want to see my collar bone. I can feel it there somewhere.
3. And, next summer on vacation I want to fit MORE clothes in my suitcase because my clothes will be smaller!

Replies

• gretlarson
    gretlarson Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi! I live in Iowa too! I have been logging pretty faithfully for the last 140ish days. I am looking forward to being more energetic for my kids (almost 6 and 8). I am trying to get my blood pressure under control and prevent getting diabetes which is very prevalent in my family (along with obesity). Since the beginning of the Summer of 2013 I have lost about 75 pounds and have 75 more to go. MFP has been so helpful in making me very mindful of what I am putting in my mouth. I wish you the best of luck on your weight loss journey!!!
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hi! I live in Iowa too! I have been logging pretty faithfully for the last 140ish days. I am looking forward to being more energetic for my kids (almost 6 and 8). I am trying to get my blood pressure under control and prevent getting diabetes which is very prevalent in my family (along with obesity). Since the beginning of the Summer of 2013 I have lost about 75 pounds and have 75 more to go. MFP has been so helpful in making me very mindful of what I am putting in my mouth. I wish you the best of luck on your weight loss journey!!!

Thank you and best of luck to you too!