What you REALLY want...

Options
Ok, the #1 reason I want to get in shape is to be healthy, happy, and energized. BUT I do have a secret... I want to shed the 70lbs for a pretty specific reason...

I want to be Jessica Rabbit. For Halloween '11.

It may sound silly. But I have the perfect dress for it... my senior prom dress was a red strapless number. Of course, I would modify it to show more boobage and I gotta put a slit up the side. But I have red hair already, and my full name is Jessica. All I need is the purple eyeshadow and a beauty mark!

So... if y'all are still on here come Oct, I'll post pics :D If I reach my goal, I mean. Haha

What's everyone else's secret motivation?

Replies

• Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Ha i want to be Princess Leia for Halloween! Need to work on my abs!
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Ha i want to be Princess Leia for Halloween! Need to work on my abs!

Nice! I wanna see your pics in October too!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a good goal to me! My secret goal is to be able to take an artistic self-portrait without having to be so worried about back fat or my tummy roll. :) I was doing a selfie project last year, but got derailed when I tried to do a whole-body shot that looked great in my head, but when I saw the shot on my computer I had ridiculous rolls around the middle. I don't want to have to worry about that anymore.
  • AndreaAlexis
    AndreaAlexis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    lol!! I love that! I turn 30 in December and since I spent much of my 20's being fat... I am determined that I will be fit and wearing sizes I SHOULD be wearing by then!!! :)

Good luck!
  • p_cakes
    p_cakes Posts: 282
    Options
    I found a bikini that I REALLY want!

I've never been able to wear a two piece bikini comfortably (other than being a little kid obviously). So i want to be able to go get it and it looks good on me!

Basically just cute clothes, other than health. haha.
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    OK don't laugh...but being able to get down and dirty (in the bedroom) and not be disguisted when I look over in the mirror...
    :) PS Jessica Rabbit is like the hottest cartoon character ever. LOL.
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be thin enough that I can wear a low cut top/dress without my boobs pouring out of it. It seems I gained a LOT of my weight in my boobs which isn't a great thing considering my size. I'd like to look classy in a low cut top, rather than looking like I have a butt on my chest (too graphic?).
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    haha, this is cute and funny because I think that everyone has something that they secretly want and isn't it ironic....mine happens to be wearing a sexy (very revealing) costume for halloween lol! (But I'm not sure what I'll be yet) But I also have this goal. My goal is to be thin and fit enough that I would look good working out naked! (And who knows, when I get to that point, maybe I'll actually be confident enough to try it...at home of course...eeeek!) Great post!
  • jesseBYAH
    Options
    Yay, I'm so glad other people have secret motivations too!

About the "getting dirty," that's totally understandable. That is another secret motivator of mine as well :) I want to look good while I'm feeling good!

Also, I understand how you feel about the generous boobage. I would also like to not spill out of low-cut shirts!!!!
  • jesseBYAH
    Options
    Anyone else have secret motivations to share? I like hearing about these :)
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    The hallowe'en motivation is also quite strong for me - I want to to be wonder woman (have the plus sized pyjamas but that doesn't quite cut it ;-)

My other motivation (besides being healthy and fit) is - when I met my husband 16 years ago, I used to be able to wear his pants - he was a size 29 .... to this day, he still tells people "she used to wear my pants you know..." While I know I am not 21 anymore, he has gone up to a 32 so there is hope ;-)
  • Reitz
    Reitz Posts: 6
    Options
    Amen to Jessica Rabbit. Ok this is really lame but I want to be able to walk into A&F or urban outfitters and buy something that fits i.e. no pinching anywhere. I suppose also not feel judged by the staff (mostly applies to A&F).
  • Skye76
    Skye76 Posts: 28
    Options
    A friend runs a Masquerade Ball in LA every summer, and some of the most amazing costumes are mostly just bodypaint. I want to be able to do that ;)
  • p_cakes
    p_cakes Posts: 282
    Options
    Ok this is really lame but I want to be able to walk into A&F or urban outfitters and buy something that fits i.e. no pinching anywhere. I suppose also not feel judged by the staff (mostly applies to A&F).

I DESPISE A&F and refuse to walk in there. Not just because I can't fit into their clothes, but because of what it is.
    1. I always get a headache just walking BY the store
    2. If you aren't the right size, or gorgeous(even if youa re skinny) or look like you have money. they look down at you.
    3. I don't want to pay about $30 for a belt and $50 for a shirt. no thanks.

BUT I do see your point! It would be nice to walk into the skinny stores and actually fit into their clothes. I would LOVE to be ABLE to walk into those store. That fact of whether I would or not is obviously a different story.
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    I so want to be able to wear a two piece bathing suit...bikini would be nice!! Also, just want to look good in super cute clothes!! Oh, and in sexy lingirie!! ;)