how do I get here??

Options
So I saw this pic

tumblr_mkh45kv3IX1rq8ne7o1_500.jpg

and want to know how to get a body like this? I look like the 'before' photo at the moment.
Prefer no shakes, pills, magical fairy dust solutions please :)

Replies

• lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more, and lift heavy things.
  • lexidear
    lexidear Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    uhh thanks, but a bit more specific would be nice ;)
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    But that's really the answer. It might take longer than a few months, but eat better, exercise more with whatever exercise you enjoy, and if you really want to be firm, you've got to build muscle.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Eating at a caloric deficit, usually TDEE minus 10-20%. Exercise, whatever floats your boat and gets your heart rate up. Weightlifting for muscle building and definition.

As for getting a body like that, be aware that your body may lose weight differently and looking just like that young lady may not be attainable. I'm not a huge fan of comparing your body to someone else's body, because no two bodies are the same.
  • SimplyCuteaful
    Options
    Whoa... I see the picture says January 2013 on the left and March 2013 on the right?? Is she claiming to have done that in TWO months?? If so, surgery had to of been involved.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Whoa... I see the picture says January 2013 on the left and March 2013 on the right?? Is she claiming to have done that in TWO months?? If so, surgery had to of been involved.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Definitely not a two month transformation.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    The time frame on that pic is throwing me off. I did it, but it took me more than 2 months. At 2 months I'd just lost the muffin top and slimmed face. The girl on the right... damn.

If you give yourself enough time, you can do this. You'll be YOUR VERSION of the girl on the right, though. Some frames are different than others, but end results can surprise you sometimes. :drinker:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    pick up the book "New Rules of Lifting for Women." it should provide a guideline for what you need to get started.

but basically, yeah, eat less, move more. a slight calorie deficit, and a diet consisting of plenty of healthy meats, fruits, vegetables, and grains. an exercise regime of resistance training and cardiovascular exercises. and patience.

also, just noticed that the girl from the picture is stating that all of that took three months?? yeah, i'm not buying that. probably at least a year and three months.
  • PrizePopple
    Options

Damn I read January 2013 and March 2014.

I think it might be bed time. :noway:
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I don't believe she did that in two months either. I'm by no means an expert but I've done a lot of research and this is a two part process.

1. You need to lose the weight. Eat at a healthy deficit and exercise.
    2. Weight lifting. You can lift weights while losing weight in order not to lose the muscle mass you currently have. To gain more muscle mass you'll have to eat at a caloric surplus and lift heavy.

It will take time. Not two months, like this picture claims, but longer. For some people it takes at least a year to attain the muscle definition you're looking for.
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I don't believe she did that in two months either. I'm by no means an expert but I've done a lot of research and this is a two part process.

1. You need to lose the weight. Eat at a healthy deficit and exercise.
    2. Weight lifting. You can lift weights while losing weight in order not to lose the muscle mass you currently have. To gain more muscle mass you'll have to eat at a caloric surplus and lift heavy.

It will take time. Not two months, like this picture claims, but longer. For some people it takes at least a year to attain the muscle definition you're looking for.

^^:heart:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    checked out the girls facebook page... https://www.facebook.com/SarahEEvansLivingFitAndClean

basically, the before picture is from January, and yeah, it looks like the after picture is from March. She's gotten even leaner since then.

i'm saying she did do it in three months. she lost a lot of weight. she was probably super disciplined, and worked out a lot. it's a testament to her dedication and determination... and probably a little to her genetics as well. girl has a small frame.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    checked out the girls facebook page... https://www.facebook.com/SarahEEvansLivingFitAndClean

basically, the before picture is from January, and yeah, it looks like the after picture is from March. She's gotten even leaner since then.

i'm saying she did do it in three months. she lost a lot of weight. she was probably super disciplined, and worked out a lot. it's a testament to her dedication and determination... and probably a little to her genetics as well. girl has a small frame.

Actually, it's really iffy. This photo (which she does have in her albums) says Jan-March 2013. But then there are two others but one says Jan -Apr, then a 2nd which has no date but in the captions says Jan -May.

It's obvious she did the work, but I'm really doubting the authenticity of the time frame seeing as the woman herself seems to have purposefully shortened it, not thinking anyone would realize the discrepancies.

The link below leads to the Jan-May statement. I x'd out of the same photo stating Jan-Apr but it's in her album.

https://www.facebook.com/SarahEEvansLivingFitAndClean/photos/a.303025146495238.1073741829.302741709856915/309838352480584/?type=3&src=https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/310229_309838352480584_1057200098_n.jpg?oh=dbfc99690e5ec82dab07edea59cc48f0&oe=54C7CE2F&__gda__=1417853094_7e122a079498803fbbb47d290a8e3984&size=612,612&fbid=309838352480584
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Don't compare yourself to anyone. I fell into that trap all my life and look where I'm at now...
    It's all about educating yourself on nutrition and fitness. Start off slow with working out 3 days a week. For example, walk 30 minutes and start with bodyweight training.

Now, I'm a newbie, but I _know_ what needs to be done... I just lack the control to do it.

Also, I think it's possible for the woman in the picture to have achieved her weight loss in 3 months. When I was deep in depression I lost about 70 lbs in three months. I was so depressed that I didn't even know I lost the weight until well after. I would walk for 2-4 hours a day and only eat things like apples and Corn Flakes, so I think it is possible. I went from being about 220 something to 150 lbs, size 10.
  • shireeniebeanie
    shireeniebeanie Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I've seen this before--it's Sarah E. Evans, who has "living fit and clean" pages on Facebook, Twitter, etc. You can look her up and probably find out more about how she did it.
  • PrizePopple
    Options
    Looking at the FB page and going back in her pictures she was 9 months pregnant in August 2012, and had a c-section. So the earliest she could have begun working out was likely sometime in October of 2012. I found an interview with her where she says shes has a nutritionist. Also it seems that fitness modeling went from hobby to being her career. She's also competing. Something tells me that her diet would be no joke then. :noway:
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you will never look like the person in the photo. You can only look like a slightly different version of yourself. Whole body transplant not yet poss!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

Actually, it's really iffy. This photo (which she does have in her albums) says Jan-March 2013. But then there are two others but one says Jan -Apr, then a 2nd which has no date but in the captions says Jan -May.

It's obvious she did the work, but I'm really doubting the authenticity of the time frame seeing as the woman herself seems to have purposefully shortened it, not thinking anyone would realize the discrepancies.

The link below leads to the Jan-May statement. I x'd out of the same photo stating Jan-Apr but it's in her album.

https://www.facebook.com/SarahEEvansLivingFitAndClean/photos/a.303025146495238.1073741829.302741709856915/309838352480584/?type=3&src=https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/310229_309838352480584_1057200098_n.jpg?oh=dbfc99690e5ec82dab07edea59cc48f0&oe=54C7CE2F&__gda__=1417853094_7e122a079498803fbbb47d290a8e3984&size=612,612&fbid=309838352480584

I don't understand why people do this. It's a tremendous transformation to be proud of no matter how long it took. So what's the point of lying and saying it happened in some insane time frame? That just discourages people who don't know any better. :grumble:
  • liannap
    liannap Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    So I saw this pic

tumblr_mkh45kv3IX1rq8ne7o1_500.jpg

and want to know how to get a body like this? I look like the 'before' photo at the moment.
    Prefer no shakes, pills, magical fairy dust solutions please :)

Hey lexi, the closest i can get to magical fairy dust for you is sensible eating and weight training a/o pilates. I have started pilates, brilliant. I am now also doing weight training without weights (????); a book which title I picked up from one of the forums: i will send you the title. I have started this method and it feels as if i have just come back from the gym but I only used my own body for resistance. Otherwise, check out POPSUGAR - exercise and/or weight loss.
    Talk soon and hang in there!
    L