Not losing

Options
Hi. I am 59 1/2 years old..Been on Weight watchers new program for almost 4 weeks. I have lost 3.5 lbs..I have not cheated once. I work out every other day. I am currently in a Biggest loser challenge at a gym 3 x week and burn almost 400 cal each time.. I know my body is changing BUT THE SCALE IS NOT MOVING..

Replies

• modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Trying to be helpful here... two of the biggest factors that helps me lose weight is drinking a crap ton of water and sleeping at least 8 hours. good luck!!
  • Deuce8301
    Options
    Just remember that as you work out you gain muscle that you probably haven't ever had or had in a long time. You need muscle to burn fat. It's a temp thing I promise. Don't stop and keep working hard. Inches are just as good as pounds.
  • 4alison4
    Options
    If you're body is changing and you can see that, it is likely that you are building muscle. Don't be discouraged...keep at it! You will see :)
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    If your clothes are feeling looser, you're getting smaller. Don't be discouraged and don't give up. Try using your clothes rather than the scale. Good luck!
  • Deuce8301
    Options
    Forgot this topic. DO NOT DRINK GATORADE, VIATAMEN WATER, OR ANY OF THOSE TYPE DRINKS UNLESS YOU ARE GOING FOR A TOUGH WORKOUT. ONLY DRINK THAT STUFF DURING OR SHORTLY AFTER THE WORKOUT. Water is by far the best thing to drink when sitting around at work. Just remember, if the sugar content is more than half the carbs it's bad. If it is half or less than the carbs are great energy source. However, things like good yogurts are the exception. Low fat yogurt is better than non-fat yogurt. Trans fat is bad.
  • swintmf
    Options
    I was also feeling the same way over the last couple of weeks when I increased my exercise. I decided it was a combination of building muscle and not having enough "good fat" in my diet. This past week I moved the ticker finally 2 pounds! Hang in there. FYI, I'm almost 55 so I know we are probably similar with our metabolism challenges :)
  • Lynnhilaire
    Options
    Also make sure you are eating your exercise calories. That has worked for me. I was not losing any weight for a while because I was not eating enough.
  • Deuce8301
    Options
    Of course sleep. Elevated stress and less sleep without energizing is bad. Eat a nice bowl of cereal in the first 30 minutes of being awake. 4 - 6 meals a day.
  • Mstrssofmayhem
    Options
    Conratulations on not cheating!!! Just keep with it, you may not see the results on the scale but you'll definitly start seeing your clothes fitting looser :) I have been stuck at 158 for a month now, but when I measure, I have lost 3 inches in a month!!! Just because your not losing pounds doesn't necessarily mean your not losing fat. My tape measure has become my friend now :) Keep up the good work and don't get dicouraged!!
  • Deuce8301
    Options
    Yes, you weren't replenishing your energy so you body was storing excess fat.
  • silvereyes01
    silvereyes01 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have also been dieting for a month and haven't lost anything until today, the scales didn't change. It gets to be discouraging, but you have to stick with it, because you will start to see a change. It's easy to put the lbs on, not so easy to get them off. (unfortunetly) Sometimes just knowing your pants are starting to fit better is good enough for me! Keep up the good work and you'll reach your goal in no time! Good luck on your weight loss journey!