burned over 3000 calories last week and no lose:(

astermarie
astermarie Posts: 21 Member
So I kept my calories at 1200 each day and burned all together 3000 or little more in working out I drank my water I also watched my fat intake......but just frustrated because there was not a change in my weight...urge! So I am hoping next week there will be! Any suggestions?

Replies

• mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Did you eat your exercise calories back. For me I try to eat them back and it works OK.

Good luck x
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Don't know how much you weigh, but maybe eat more? Just a thought.
  • Eating too few calories can be just as counter-productive as eating too few.
    Careful not to send your body into starvation-mode or you won't lose anything.
  • Honeybee511
    Honeybee511 Posts: 97 Member
    Did you eat your exercise calories? If you don't, sometimes your body will go into starvation mode because it hasn't gotten enough calorie intake. In starvation mode, your body doesn't know when it's next meal will be so it will hold on to the weight
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Are you weighing in sametime first thing in the morning after a bathroom trip?

Ive had that problem as well I'll step on the scale after a week and there will be literally like a .4pm change and it gets to you. I started taking measurements and I'm noticing changes there so that helps a lot.
  • astermarie
    No I didn't......but I figured I would be burning more if I didn't eat them back? I will have to try this.....I also thought that maybe I gained some muscle last week.....
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Did you eat your exercise calories back. For me I try to eat them back and it works OK.

Good luck x

Ditto.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    You mentioned watching your fat intake. I don't know what you do eat since your diary is closed but a lot of "low-fat" foods are full of sugar and sometimes the worst form - high fructose corn-syrup.
    What is your general carb-fat-protein ratio?
  • astermarie
    I have thought about doing the measurement thing.....n yes same time after restroom no clothes....
  • cherold77
    cherold77 Posts: 3 Member
    Don't get discouraged. I didn't loose this either. I stayed the same. Interesting comment however about eating all of your exercise cal's back... hmm. I never knew about that either.
  • astermarie
    I was wondering if anyone could see my dairy? How do I make it see able?
  • No I didn't......but I figured I would be burning more if I didn't eat them back? I will have to try this.....I also thought that maybe I gained some muscle last week.....

true that if u lose a lb of fat & gain a lb of muscle the scale wont move but you will see it in measurements or loser clothing.
    it would be easier to help if your diary was public

you might also want to track your sodium, you may be retaining water as well. plus sometimes, it just takes out bodies a few weeks to get used to the new routine. Everyones different
  • astermarie
    How do I Mke my diary public?
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    I wouldn't worry toooo much about no loss in one week. Often women will see a plateau and then suddenly lose 1-2lbs in a matter of two days instead of a gradual loss. I read about it, called the Woosh Effect. Interesting stuff. To open your diary I think you go to Food, then Settings and there should be options at the bottom for who sees your diary but I'm not sure I'm remembering that correctly. I'll double check. Edit: I checked and that IS the right way to open your diary.
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    No I didn't......but I figured I would be burning more if I didn't eat them back? I will have to try this.....I also thought that maybe I gained some muscle last week.....

Try eating them back. Give it a few weeks though. You're body needs time to adjust so don't judge if it's working off of a week.

It's not likely you gained muscle. Muscle takes time, more than a week, and a lot of protein (levels not likely achieved in a week).

It's hard to give complete advice when your diary is closed. What is your sugar and sodium intake like? If my sodium is over 1700ish a day I don't lose even if my calories are 1200.

Just some thoughts.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    you need to be NETTING 1200, especially if you are doing so much exercise. get eating them exercise cals!
  • You may have hit a plateau. It's happened to me a couple of time and takes a week, or two to get out of it. I've lost 30 pounds over that last five month and my goal is to loose another 10 pounds, so I'm almost there. :)

One thing I've noticed people do is to not eat a healthy breakfast, or enough snacks throughout the day. I never skip breakfast because it jump starts your metabolism in the morning (and Lord knows we can all use the help) and I make sure to eat three healthy snacks at day in between my three regular meals.

My daily goal is set at 1200 as well and it has worked well for me, but just make sure your calories are healthy ones... and not just empty calories.
  • It's in your settings.
    There's an option in there to make your diary public.
  • geekymom57
    geekymom57 Posts: 176 Member
    As others have posted, be sure you're eating enough, but aside from that--ignore it. I have a decent amount to lose (at least 35 more pounds to get to my goal weight which would still put me at the top of the "normal" range for my height), am close to obsessive about logging all my calories, keeping to my net calories of 1200, etc., and I can go weeks without losing an ounce.

It's annoying and frustrating but bottom line, our bodies all function differently, and some of us lose weight faster than others. Start tracking the inches ASAP, and add more measurements to the handful that are already created. I wish I had done that sooner since I know I have lost quite a few inches based on how (and what) clothes fit, but don't know how much.

Stick with it, don't give up, and be patient!
  • Armygirl67
    Armygirl67 Posts: 177 Member
    So I kept my calories at 1200 each day and burned all together 3000 or little more in working out I drank my water I also watched my fat intake......but just frustrated because there was not a change in my weight...urge! So I am hoping next week there will be! Any suggestions?
    I keep my calorie intake around 1200 and i burned 6192 last week running on a treadmill.
    I was expecting about a 3-lb loss, but the scale only shoved 1.5 ..
    So i know the feeling..
    I once tried eating back some excercise calories, but i only ended up gaining 7-lb...
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Looking at your diary you don't have sodium showing but I'm guessing it's pretty high. You may try lowering it to under 2000 a day and see if that helps as well. It's frustrating when you don't lose. I've been in that boat as well but, keep at it.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Yeah, your definitely not eating enough. If your burn that many calories and only eat 1200 total your body might not going to release any fat stores, especially if you don't have very much to lose. You have to ease your body into weight loss, not try to punish it.
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    I'm definitely not an expert, but I took a look at the last 4 or 5 days of your food diary. The first thing I notice is that you seem to be gal on the go! I would suggest you don't skip meals. I recommend eating breakfast (not just coffee) because your body needs fuel. I would definitely suggest increasing your overall total protein intake & eating high small high protein meals/snacks every 3 hours to get your metabolism going. Keep at it. You'll get there. Good luck!
  • You could have lost fat and gained muscle.
    Have you noticed any changes in your appearance or body fat percentage? If you lost fat and gained muscle your weight wouldn't change, you might even gain weight. It would be muscle so not a bad thing :)
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    You could have lost fat and gained muscle.
    Have you noticed any changes in your appearance or body fat percentage? If you lost fat and gained muscle your weight wouldn't change, you might even gain weight. It would be muscle so not a bad thing :)

You are responding to a 3 year old thread.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member

And I would have rather had a loss than a lose....cackle
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member

And even 3 years later, not building muscle on 1200 cals a day. :tongue:
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    119uy45.jpg
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    119uy45.jpg
    tumblr_lunn3ziiFU1qfjd5jo1_250.gif
This discussion has been closed.