Should I Stop Drinking Milk?

Options
So whenever I drink lots of milk, I literally piss out my *kitten*. Like today, I had 6 glasses of milk, and I already took a dump twice. Except that my poo was mostly liquid. Does this mean that I am not getting the macro and micro nutrients found in milk? My body is just throwing it away without absorbing it? I don't feel sick or anything, I just have to poo.

Replies

• TLIVIGNSTON
    TLIVIGNSTON Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    lactose intolerant?
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    That definately sounds like a dairy intolerance, bro.

ETA: I should have read that better because 6 glasses of milk is not good for anyone, that's probably the reason.
    Why on earth are you drinking 6 glasses of milk for? that's like 2 litres!?
  • coraltint
    Options
    dude...that's a lot of milk. Maybe keep it to 2 glasses at most per day, and if that don't fix you up consider switching to almond milk. I recently did so & am far less explosive in the john now.
  • TLIVIGNSTON
    TLIVIGNSTON Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    yea i only drink 400 mills a day. 6 glasses wow i would probs yack of that much.
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Yeah dairy is great but it sounds like you are beyond your lactose threshold. Don't stop just cut back till you stop getting stomach upsets. Milk is great ... too much is not.
  • darreneatschicken
    darreneatschicken Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    ok i'll stop drinking so much. the only reason i do so is because i don't eat a lot, so i intake a lot of calories, carbs, and protein through milk. i'm currently trying to bulk, and i heard about the gomad thing. i don't drink a gallon a day, but i do drink a lot of milk. like last night i had 10 glasses (10 x 250 ml).
  • JenniDaisy
    Options
    If you want to bulk, you're going to have to eat more, end of.

Be careful because constantly drinking milk can really **** up your teeth. Long story short, it turns acidic in the mouth, damaging enamel and causing cavities. Make sure you brush immediately after and/or stick to drinking milk with meals.
  • darreneatschicken
    Options
    damn you guys are starting to scare me hahaha.

i'll stick to like 500 ml a day or less. probs just replace milk with water and smoothies.
  • darreneatschicken
    Options
    so my last question is: am i still absorbing the cals, carbs, and protein in milk?
  • JenniDaisy
    Options
    so my last question is: am i still absorbing the cals, carbs, and protein in milk?

probably some but not all, as most absorption happens in the lower digestive system. It's not staying inside you long enough to digest properly.
  • darreneatschicken
    Options
    damn, that's a disapointment...

bulking without milk is going to be 10x harder :(
  • JenniDaisy
    Options

Drink milk, just don't drink so much it gives you explosive diarrhea.

Don't do anything so much it gives you explosive diarrhea, I thought that would be pretty easy to manage.
  • darreneatschicken
    Options
    and I guess that also means I am lactose intolerant to some degree.

like if i have 2 or 3 glasses of milk, i think i'm fine and my body absorbs it all, but any more, and I start pooing it all out without absorbing all the nutrients.

yeah thanks for the adivce jennidaisy, i'll stick to 2 or 3 glasses a day. no more.
  • JenniDaisy
    Options

like if i have 2 or 3 glasses of milk, i think i'm fine and my body absorbs it all, but any more, and I start pooing it all out without absorbing all the nutrients.

yeah thanks for the adivce jennidaisy, i'll stick to 2 or 3 glasses a day. no more.

It doesn't mean you're lactose intolerent, it just means your body doesn't want all that milk.
    One time I got really into these mini packets of raisins that were flavoured like cherry and I ate like 20 packs in a day, I swear I **** myself inside out. It doesn't mean i'm raisin intolerent.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Why drink so much milk? You can just drink less. And you can stop altogether and see if it has any positive effect.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    So whenever I drink lots of milk, I literally piss out my *kitten*. Like today, I had 6 glasses of milk, and I already took a dump twice. Except that my poo was mostly liquid. Does this mean that I am not getting the macro and micro nutrients found in milk? My body is just throwing it away without absorbing it? I don't feel sick or anything, I just have to poo.

6 Glasses of milk? Why? And yes, it sounds like you are intolerant.
  • MommyMeggo
    Options
  • MommyMeggo
    Options

It doesn't mean you're lactose intolerent, it just means your body doesn't want all that milk.
    One time I got really into these mini packets of raisins that were flavoured like cherry and I ate like 20 packs in a day, I swear I **** myself inside out. It doesn't mean i'm raisin intolerent.

Raisins are a high fiber food and therefore work as a laxative. :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Drink milk, just don't drink so much it gives you explosive diarrhea.

Don't do anything so much it gives you explosive diarrhea, I thought that would be pretty easy to manage.

this- just back down till you have a more manageable amount and doesn't eff up your GI track. Make sure you've got enough fiber- because with that much liquid diet- you need solid food- and you need something to hold it together- i.e. fiber.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    lactose intolerant?

^ This