Looking for motivation

Options
Hello,

I have recently lost 36lbs but still have more to lose. I keep losing focus. I don't know what's wrong with me. I know what I need to do but I get depressed for having let myself gain all this weight back. I had gotten to within 10lbs of my goal weight, went through a divorce and starting steady packing it on again. I have since remarried and had a baby which caused more of a weight gain. Just feeling frustrated.

Replies

• loopingcaterpillar
    Options
    i'm back at square one myself after thinking myself a special snowflake and neglecting to work. the false sense of security with the weight i had already lost was my downfall! we can do this :P
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I have recently lost 36lbs but still have more to lose. I keep losing focus. I don't know what's wrong with me. I know what I need to do but I get depressed for having let myself gain all this weight back. I had gotten to within 10lbs of my goal weight, went through a divorce and starting steady packing it on again. I have since remarried and had a baby which caused more of a weight gain. Just feeling frustrated.

you did it before, so you can do it again! unfortunately life gets in the way sometimes, but if you want it badly enough, you can do it!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    and i'm just goign to leave this here...

"Instead of saying 'I don't have time' try saying 'it's not a priority' and see how that feels. Often, that's a perfectly adequate explanation. I have time to iron my sheets, I just don't want to. But other things are harder. Try it: "I'm not going to edit your resume sweetie, because it's not a priority" "I don't go to the doctor because my health is not a priority." If these phrases don't sit well, then that's the point. Changing our language reminds us that time is a choice. If we don't like how we're spending an hour, we can choose differently"

:flowerforyou:
  • helenkenny9212
    helenkenny9212 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Tell me about it. I have gotten to goal, then back up, then back down. I am currently at my highest ever weight and want to make a change for good this time. I'm ditching the all or nothing approach. I want to make changes that I can sustain long term but I'm just starting out. Look on MFP for focus and inspiration, I'm on here every day now.
  • christi_133
    christi_133 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I'm hoping I can do Ito this time for good. I know it's not something that is short term.....it's a change I have to make for the rest of my life.
  • handschuhsheimwg23
    Options
    Hey there,
    I lost more than 13 kilos (>29 pounds) last year in 9 months. Then I lost motivation and gained 6 kilos in 45 days :O. What I realised was I went for dieting all of a sudden. I stopped eating everything all of a sudden, starting from chocolate to muffin, pasta to pork. That was a total mistake.
    I wanted to loose weight again. I started in June/ July from 74 kgs (165) - 5 ft 8 inches with a slow pace. I was already doing Capoeira, at least once a week, depending on my schedule. Then I also started jogging- Once a week, twice a week, thrice an so on. I am also doing Bouldering these days. During this time I never stopped eating all those mouth savoury stuff. BUT I tried to cut my carbs at dinner. Some weeks were kind of difficult due to conferences and travelling, but you gotta keep yourself full in order to get motivated. What I am trying to say is: if you want the rat to come into the cage, you have to put some food in there. Don't just stop eating your fav food, just try to minimize them one by one. Also, exercise is also important. It gives you more calories per day - in retrospect more food. ;) Currently I am 67 Kgs (147 pounds of freedom).
    Also check some magazines with good looking models. It gives me a boost whenever I see some dude with 6 packs. Don't loose against your coworker. Keep food your motivation. Want to eat that brownie or get wasted on friday night, loose some calories before doing that/ or maybe after. I also eat heavy before going to bed after a heavy night of drinking. And then I just go for jogging, whenever I am awake.

I may have gone a bit out of topic, but really you can do it. You already have done it before. Don't loose. I can also tell you about my food habits if you want - a sort of daily meal plan, which is nothing concrete except lunch and breakfast.