weight slowly creeping up again!!!!!!! Why? :-(

Options
Having lost 11 lb in 8 weeks by exercising regularly and dropping my calorie intake (MFP has really helped with this) I am now putting weight back on - 1/2 lb this week. It's so annoying when I'm doing all the right things and things now seem to be failing :-(

Replies

• asarwe
    asarwe Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Water weight. It's normal to fluctuate a little. Keep going and evaluate after a month or more of continuous weight gain.
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates. For example, if you drink a quart of water you'll gain a couple of pounds.

Don't panic.... as long as you are sticking to the program you will reach your goal ... slowly.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I've been showing an alarming gain myself the past two weeks - I'm supposed to be at maintenance, but due to a lot of activity I've been at a deficit, so it's sort of bizarre. People have said it's probably muscle, but I just had an operation and am not exercising. Also all my clothes are loose, so I just don't believe the scale. Have banned it to the closet.:tongue:
  • Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Having lost 11 lb in 8 weeks by exercising regularly and dropping my calorie intake (MFP has really helped with this) I am now putting weight back on - 1/2 lb this week. It's so annoying when I'm doing all the right things and things now seem to be failing :-(

Seriously? You are panicking over eight ounces over 7 days?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I've been showing an alarming gain myself the past two weeks - I'm supposed to be at maintenance, but due to a lot of activity I've been at a deficit, so it's sort of bizarre. People have said it's probably muscle, but I just had an operation and am not exercising. Also all my clothes are loose, so I just don't believe the scale. Have banned it to the closet.:tongue:

its water retention as your body heals after the operation.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

you were lucky to lose for 8 weeks in a row... its a normal fluctuation.