I demand the satisfaction!

Options
JenniDaisy
JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
A few days ago I had a meeting at work with a rep from the employment agency we use, turns out this rep and I know each other...in the biblical sense. It was a long time ago before I met Husband and I'm not embarrassed about it, It's just kind of funny because I ran into an ex-boyfriend around christmas through work aswell.
So immediately after I get out of work I look him up on facebook, as you do to snoop, nothing really interesting or extraordinary, still lives with his parents though. Later that evening I was telling Husband about bumping into him and Husband thought he might know him too (we live in a small town), So I went to look him up to show Husband a picture and he's blocked me on facebook, Not only that he's handed over all our recruitment stuff to someone else in the agency!
I know it's not a massive deal, but he was a huge turd after our...dalliance, and I would love to have told him I was married now and how super awesome my life is :laugh: I want justice!

Replies

• _SantaClause
    _SantaClause Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    huh1.gif
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,999 Member
    Options
    If your life is really so super awesome now, you wouldnt need to prove it to someone from so long ago.

or to snoop at that long ago persons Facebook page. :indifferent:
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Well, the ex handled the situation absolutely correctly. Handing off your recruitment means he cannot be accused of sabotage. And blocking you means there will be no accusations of spying on one another (when you block someone, you cannot get on their page either).

So yeah...no satisfaction for you, because you don't have to prove anything to him. Why you'd even want to do that in the first place is a mystery to me, too. Your only satisfaction could come from knowing he will not interfere in your career.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Sounds like ypu both have growing up to do.
    I don't blame him for blocking you though. Plus its in his best interest career-wise to do so.
  • JenniDaisy
    Options
    Well, the ex handled the situation absolutely correctly. Handing off your recruitment means he cannot be accused of sabotage. And blocking you means there will be no accusations of spying on one another (when you block someone, you cannot get on their page either).

So yeah...no satisfaction for you, because you don't have to prove anything to him. Why you'd even want to do that in the first place is a mystery to me, too. Your only satisfaction could come from knowing he will not interfere in your career.

I know, I know. He was just such a *kitten* before, I kind of wanted him to still be a *kitten*...
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    raving about it + thread on mfp + profile creeping on fb... hmmmm.... alrighty then :huh:
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options

I know, I know. He was just such a *kitten* before, I kind of wanted him to still be a *kitten*...

Why? Why would you hope that someone has not matured and grown up? You should be GLAD he has.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options

Why? Why would you hope that someone has not matured and grown up? You should be GLAD he has.

None of us want to see others succeed where we have failed. *nods* true story
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    Why do you even care what he thinks about your life? Sounds pretty ridiculous to me. And so he lives with his parents...you dont know what had happened in his life that put or kept him there so I dont even see why you feel the need to try to degrade him. Sounds like something teenage girls would do to make the unpopular kid feel even worse.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Yea, you're clearly over him
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Why do you even care what he thinks about your life? Sounds pretty ridiculous to me. And so he lives with his parents...you dont know what had happened in his life that put or kept him there so I dont even see why you feel the need to try to degrade him. Sounds like something teenage girls would do to make the unpopular kid feel even worse.

The OP is 23 so my bet is that the guy is the same age.
    A lot of kids are staying at home a bit longer after college to get on their feet career-wise before moving out on their own. It's a good financial decision since you can save up more of your paycheck and pay off student loans quicker this way. I don't get why it even matters
  • JenniDaisy
    Options
    Welp, you guys are all better people than me, if none of you have ever wanted to rub someone who treated you like rubbish's face in your success.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Sounds to me like the ex is the bigger person. Good on him for keeping you out of his life. shame on you for wanting to stroke your ego in from of him.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    My ex contacted me through FB recently. He totally horribly and unforgivably broke my heart a long time ago, and he was messaging because his marriage was going down the toilet and he "missed our friendship and needed someone to talk to".

I admit, there was a temptation to let him talk, you don't get that kind of pain caused without a measure of satisfaction in seeing it come around. But I was honest and told him that I didn't think that was a good idea, as I'd never actually forgiven him and it wouldn't be fair to let him think he had rekindled a friendship, when really I would just be there for the front row seats on his misery.

I get the temptation, no matter how old the hurt. But I think we're better people for letting it go :)

Besides. YOU LOSE, SUCKAH!!!!!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    This is too funny... you go snooping on his FB page and now your offended he blocked you? On top of it, you wish ill on him? Alrighty then... :noway: :huh:
  • JenniDaisy
    Options
    This is too funny... you go snooping on his FB page and now your offended he blocked you? On top of it, you wish ill on him? Alrighty then... :noway: :huh:

Wait, when did I wish ill on him?
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Welp, you guys are all better people than me, if none of you have ever wanted to rub someone who treated you like rubbish's face in your success.

Why not just go quietly and enjoy your happiness? Why is it necessary to rub someone's face in your success? That doesn't sound very happy to me.

ETA: Sometimes the best way to show someone you're happy is to just be happy and have a forgiving spirit.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

Why not just go quietly and enjoy your happiness? Why is it necessary to rub someone's face in your success? That doesn't sound very happy to me.

ETA: Sometimes the best way to show someone you're happy is to just be happy and have a forgiving spirit.

^^^ Exactly this.

You'll have MUCH more contentment in life if you learn to do this.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,999 Member
    Options

Well you don't exactly come across as wishing him well or even feeling neutral about him.
  • Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Sounds to me like the ex is the bigger person. Good on him for keeping you out of his life. shame on you for wanting to stroke your ego in from of him.

Exactly!
    Yea, you're clearly over him

Facebook snooping on Ex's is never a good sign.
    Sounds like something teenage girls would do to make the unpopular kid feel even worse.

Grabbing popcorn and reading... this is like being back in high school again.

Here is where you wished him ill. Time to move on and simply be happy with your life instead of trying to rub someone else's face in your successes.