Mayonnaise--what to do with it?

Options

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Mayo + Dijon mustard + salt/pepper + breadcrumbs + shredded cheese

Spread evenly over butterflied chicken breast, broil til brown, place on lower rack and bake til cooked through.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I'm more of a salad cream lass myself but you can do loads of things with mayo for dressings! Make guacamole, mustard, sweet chill dressings (as mentioned). Tuna, sweetcorn, pasta and mayo salads, coleslaw....potato salad...
  • SeptemberLondon
    SeptemberLondon Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    mayonnaise - throw it out. it has no place on a diet!

Shenanigans!

If you log it and it fits in your goals for the day then so what?

*sips her beer* My cheeseburger was pretty tasty too.
    Amen! We need to stop demonizing foods!
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    coleslaw

over fresh sliced tomatoes with salt and pepper

mixed with crab meat
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Put a serious glob in your hair, massage thru to the ends. Put a plastic bag over your hair and wrap in a big towel.
    Leave for a half hour or more. Shampoo out. Instant oil treatment.

This works.

...and I use it as a sandwich spread, dip your sautéed zucchini in it, roll eggplant in it, then coat with breadcrumbs or cornflake crumbs and bake.

Google vegetarian recipes with mayo ....
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options

Weird, because I have it regularly and I'm doing just fine. So are a bunch of other people on this site.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    Do you eat fish?
    Tuna salad if yes.

If no... then... a tofu salad or ... make a dip out of it for your veggies.
    BLTs - you can use a tortilla wrap instead of bread if you have that... I've also seen some people post easy bread recipes if you have flour.
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options

Shenanigans!

If you log it and it fits in your goals for the day then so what?

*sips her beer* My cheeseburger was pretty tasty too.

^ x10000
    Today my lunch is a turkey sandwich with cheese, mayo, and avocado.
    You could also do egg salad, just add chopped boiled eggs with mayo and salt, you can even add some avocado too.
    I make a yummy pasta side dish. Just pasta, a little mayo, ranch dressing, peas. You could also do pasta, a little mayo, greek yogurt, dill and some chopped baby kosher pickles. Yum.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options

I eat mayo, regularly. There is nothing wrong with it if it fits into your daily allowance. So your statement is invalid.

Also, a sandwich is not a sandwich without mayo. Same goes for chicken salad or egg salad. I make homemade ranch with it as well. All of which, I fit into my allowance and am steadily losing.
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    It will also freeze so you could put together a few smaller containers and save for another time. The only thing with this though is that you have to make sure the containers are air tight and don't leave excess room in them. Ziploc bags work too, just squeeze out the excess air. When you want to thaw it out to use make sure it has 24 hours to completely thaw in the fridge, you may need to whip it just a bit to bring the texture back to "normal".

Others have had great suggestions, I would also use some to add to dips with greek yogurt and cream cheese (softened), a little bacon bits, some thawed/drained frozen spinach and you've got a great flavor combo.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Surely this was said in jest? I mean, if not, how sad that you'd not be 'allowed' certain foods. No, no, DEFINITELY said in jest!

Egg mayo with lots of chives. On every salad. As a topping for crackers, if you eat those. If it's good mayo share it with your friends and family - how much of this stuff did you make?! :noway:
  • allofme32
    allofme32 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Put a serious glob in your hair, massage thru to the ends. Put a plastic bag over your hair and wrap in a big towel.
    Leave for a half hour or more. Shampoo out. Instant oil treatment.

Seriously, try this. It is good for your hair.
  • allofme32
    allofme32 Posts: 92 Member
    Options

Weird, because I have it regularly and I'm doing just fine. So are a bunch of other people on this site.

I have tried those "Legalistic" diets where there are certain foods that we must NOT eat. They don't work.
    I eat mayo all the time and I am still losing weight. Actually, I eat most anything but in moderation and I am still doing well.
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I make a dip for vegetables by mixing mayonnaise with curry powder, salt, a little lime juice and some sriracha. It's very popular at parties.

I tried the hair thing once and just couldn't deal with the smell as I rinsed it out! Hot vinegar, ugh. To make it worse, this was while I was in college, when I lived in the dorms, and so every girl on my hall had to deal with the scent in the bathroom.
  • litsy3
    litsy3 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Put it in a jar in the fridge and use it as a dip for french fries or asparagus. Or anything else really. YUM.
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I'm more of a salad cream lass myself but you can do loads of things with mayo for dressings! Make guacamole, mustard, sweet chill dressings (as mentioned). Tuna, sweetcorn, pasta and mayo salads, coleslaw....potato salad...

:noway: WHOA, sorry, but no, no, no, no. I call foul on anyone putting mayo into guacamole!! Not demonizing any food, but it just doesn't belong in guac! :wink:
  • susanaaron75
    Options
    I hear it's good for your hair. (If you're white) But I haven't tried it myself so I can't speak from experience.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options

:noway: WHOA, sorry, but no, no, no, no. I call foul on anyone putting mayo into guacamole!! Not demonizing any food, but it just doesn't belong in guac! :wink:

Haha - I did wonder before writing that! Personally I just moosh up the avocado but I have friends that make it with mayo!
  • JtKeil
    JtKeil Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I mix it with ketchup and put it on veggie burgers and roast potatoes :love:
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    If there is one thing I've learned here in the past 3-4 weeks I've been active on the forums it's that getting healthy and losing weight doesn't mean that something "has no place". That mentality: nothing is off limits, just work it into your goals - THAT is what is making this time different. I had beer last night? Cool. I had a cheeseburger? Cool. I was under my caloric goals? That's what it's all about. I still win.