First Big Goal? Nailed it!

Options
earlnabby
earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
This morning I weighed in at 249.6 lb. My first big goal was to reach 250 and I had hoped to do it by my birthday which is still a week away. I started at 311 on December 30, 2013, which is what I weighed the day before I went into the hospital (my hospital story is in my profile). At the time, I decided that I would go slow and steady and really retrain myself to eat right all of the time. I thought, "wouldn't it be great to get to 250 by my birthday?" which was 61 lb in a little over 8 months. It was a little ambitious but also doable. I normally don't like setting a specific time to reach a goal so it wasn't a real goal until a few weeks ago when I realized I was really close. Now I am there! Hooray! I am almost halfway to my final goal and can't wait to see my butterfly get over to the other side of my nose on my ticker.

Replies

• NatalieLJ
    NatalieLJ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Well done you, that's awesome! And happy birthday for next week :)
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • cinrob84
    cinrob84 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That is awesome...a great accomplishment!!! I started out about where you did, so your story is very inspirational to me.????happy Birthday to you. You received a very good gift of health. ENJOY!!!
  • Juicer82
    Juicer82 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! :smile:
  • nomorefatjuu
    nomorefatjuu Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congratulationss! Keep on with your hard work.
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    So great! Well done you!
  • stephiejean37
    stephiejean37 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Congrats on hitting your first big goal! It is an amazing feeling, and pushes you to keep going to the next!
  • keshabbaker
    keshabbaker Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    congratulations that is awesome :smile:
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesome! Congratulations on accomplishing your first big goal. :drinker:
  • michelegreen99
    michelegreen99 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Winning!! Well Done!!
  • itsalifestylebaby
    Options
    That's great! Congrats!
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Congrats keep setting goals

29509743.png
  • shutch2112
    shutch2112 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    This is so great! Good wishes your way as you move that butterfly along. :flowerforyou:
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that's so awesome!!!

I'm aiming for that goal too,(17 more pounds). By the time I'm there, you'll probably be down in the 230's.
    How thrilling is that? I love that people here are setting goals and reaching them daily. It's such wonderful
    motivation!
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Smart plan, nicely executed! well done!
  • Oscarinmiami
    Oscarinmiami Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    great job! keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!