Grilled Veggie Ideas?

Options
I want to experiment with grilled veggies on my old friend the Foreman. After not eating veggies in along time, I am slowly incoporating them back into my diet. I have been using zucchini and getting bored with it.

Replies

• modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    You have to try THIS recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/California-Grilled-Veggie-Sandwich/Detail.aspx

One of the best sandwiches with grilled/broiled vegetables of all time. Super easy and DELICIOUS!
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I totally <3 asparagus on my foreman. With a dash of garlic powder and drizzled with just a little bit of olive oil, so nummy!!! I make asparagus as my late night snack, lol.

I've also added crispness to broccoli on the grill - I take frozen broccoli and boil it jsut enough todefrost then cook the rest of the way on the grill.
  • MrsMedeiros
    Options
    Here is a list of veggies I bought yesterday at the store: Summer squash, zuccini, asparagus, mushrooms, bell peppers, broccoli, and cauliflower. You may not be able to grill all of these on the Foreman but you can easy grill them on the stove top or even steam in the microwave. Try adding different seasoning blends or even use a lower calorie parmesean cheese to add flavor. The brand I use is only 20 calories per serving.
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    i'd try eggplant, asparagus, corn on the cob...
  • YayMe17
    YayMe17 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You could try bell peppers(all colors), portabella mushrooms, egg plant, sweet potato, asparagus
    I like butternut squash, cubed & roasted on the oven w/ a little olive oil, s&p
    Sauteed cabbage.
  • virginiagomes
    virginiagomes Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yum