Skin Removal Surgery

Options
've come to terms with the fact that I will need most likely a lower body lift. I ate clean and lifted for two years and it didn't help my loose skin hardly at all in my stomach and hip area. Does anyone have any experience or stories to share? How was your recovery? Would you recommend it? Especially after two kids and a c section in June it's the only thing I haven't tried and that I know will remedy it.

Replies

• sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I had a panniculectomy 23 days ago. My experience hasn't been terrific, but that's more about the Dr and hospital I used than anything. (It was a teaching hospital and she let a student do my surgery while she went back and forth to another surgery...which may have been ok if I had been informed of that. I only know because the interns let it slip.)

6 lbs of skin was removed, which doesn't sound like much, but it made such a difference.

I was in the hospital only 2 days (because the air conditioning went out) and had a home health nurse coming out for 2 wks. I had drain tubes for 13 days.

I was a 5+ mile a day runner before surgery, and I guess I bounced back really quickly because of that...I was told it could be months before I could really work out again, but I was on the treadmill 10 days out and progressed from 30 minutes of slow walking to 5k of intervals in another 10 days or so.

I was really disappointed and panicked by my results at first.. I looked 6 months pregnant from all the swelling the first couple of wks, but just the last couple of days, the swelling has lessened dramatically and I'm feeling better about it finally.
    For me, the mental side of it has been much more of a struggle than the physical healing.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    My friend is having skin removal surgery in October as she lost over 125 lbs. She is super excited about it.