Week Before the Dreaded Time

keiarawr
keiarawr Posts: 32
edited September 23 in Health and Weight Loss
So, I'm just curious cause I seem to be having problems. The week before your monthly, do you gain weight and stay hungry? I just seem to stay hungry right now and I've gained a few pounds.

Any advice on how to make it better?

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Watch your sodium intake, and drink lots of water. Any time you feel like snacking, drink a glass of water first, and then see if you're still hungry. Try to eat lots of protein, and make sure you're getting enough iron -- many women get slightly low on iron around that time, and then your body is going to want you to eat until you get enough of what you need. And exercise! Sometimes exercise can help kill hunger cravings.
  • ChristaS
    ChristaS Posts: 49 Member
    oh boy yes to both! I'm hungry no matter how much I eat and even if I manage to stay within my calories I can gain anywhere from 5 -8 lbs in a matter of days. it disapears just as quickly though usually and tends to take a few extra lbs with it when it goes :)
  • ChristaS
    ChristaS Posts: 49 Member
    Watch your sodium intake, and drink lots of water. Any time you feel like snacking, drink a glass of water first, and then see if you're still hungry. Try to eat lots of protein, and make sure you're getting enough iron -- many women get slightly low on iron around that time, and then your body is going to want you to eat until you get enough of what you need. And exercise! Sometimes exercise can help kill hunger cravings.

good tip on the iron, will try to keep that in mind and see if it helps next go round. Thanks!
  • doublexhelix
    doublexhelix Posts: 199 Member
    yes! i definitely get more hungry during my period. but if you stick to schedule then even with the additional weight gain (usually do to water retention) you should lose weight! in fact i get my biggest losses of the month the week after my period!!

and i like to exercise during my period to help me get additional calories to fight the hunger :P plus it usually alleviates cramps! also a heating pad is awesome :P

and i second the tons of water! SO IMPORTANT!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    I get ravenous at TOM. I make sure I eat frequently and eat sll I am allotted, including all exercise calories. Plus I have lymphedema so I retain water in my legs anyway. So I can easily gain 10 pounds in a weekend. But goes after its over.
This discussion has been closed.