Worried...

Options
I have a goal. It may seem like a silly goal to some, but it's my goal none the less. I will be going on a cruise in May (the 11th to be exact), and I want to be down AT LEAST 30 lbs by then. I'm just not sure I'm going to be able to do it. The last time I was on this cruise I was not happy with the way I looked and spent most of my time feeling self conscious and not enjoying myself. That was 2009. I didn't make the 2010 cruise as my grandmother became gravely ill in December 2009 and I took care of her until she passed in February 2010. In taking care of her I spent most of my time consoling myself with food and junk tv. I was responsible for administering her medication, bathing her, turning her and spending time with her. Coupled with my Bi Polar disorder I gained a lot of weight. I wasn't happy BEFORE, I'm certainly not happy now.

I am finally doing this for the right reasons, and there is only one, ME! "I" want to feel good about myself. "I" want to smile because I feel sexy. "I" want to be healthy. "I" want to turn heads. Its all about ME, ME, ME, ME, ME!

I just don't want to let myself down...I want to go on this cruise and have the TIME OF MY LIFE...with my friends AND my five favorite guys from Boston, New Kids on the Block.

Replies

• lynzyn
    lynzyn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    ONE DAY AT A TIME!!!! And keep up the good work u already lost 1 pound so keep it up and loose 1-2 pounds a week and u will be down at least half your weight that in itself is a goal and u will feel really good about yourself...U CAN DO ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
  • jnchorn
    jnchorn Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Don't be worried. You still have 4 more months. Just make smaller goals that you can accomplish. Thirty pounds is about 7 pounds a month, so break it down to about 2 pounds a week. Start by journaling every bite of food and see where you are calorie wise. Then try to burn enough calories to burn two pounds. You can do it! P.S. I am so jealous you get to go on the cruise with KNOTB! Thats awesome!
  • Sherri71
    Sherri71 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I think 30lbs in 15 weeks is definitely doable IF you are motivated, dedicated, and stick to correct amount of calories and do 1 hour of cardio every day. Dont' be discouarged if you are not exactly at 30lbs, if you only lose 20-25. I know you CAN do this! We are all here to help. Feel free to friend me so I can help you out along the way. I know sometimes having a set date and a reason you watn to lose by that date is a great motivational tool. I want to lose 25 by my birthday in July, but I am giving myself a little bit more time, however, that is my final goal weight as well and it gets harder when you get closer to goal.

Good luck!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! :)
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    You have time so that's no big deal. You know that you have to eat healthier and work out. The weight has got to fall off if you do those two things. Stick with it, this is the rest of your life we're talking about. I would love to be down 25 by Mar 15th that will be the smallest I've been in my adult life. I'm more than willing to walk with you once the weather breaks. It's in the bag, and don't let yourself think any different!!
  • sandmart2009
    sandmart2009 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Have faith in yourself. You can do it!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You have 15 weeks to lose 30 pounds, which means you'll have to lose 2 pounds per week. It's definitely possible for you do it, but it will require a lot of hard work, assuming your body can lose that much each week. Not everyone can. Boost your metabolism with lots of cardio and strength training and don't reduce your calories too much.
  • crystalorr
    Options
    Hey Jordan,
    I have recently started a diet using "HCG". I had never heard of it before my brother and sister-n-law. You see they do not live close so I don't see them as often as I would like and when I did see them over the holidays it has been a couple of months. I almost did not recognize them because they had lost SOOOO much weight! So being overweight myself, of course I began to question them about it. My sister-n-law has lost 44 lbs whereas my brother has lost 52 lbs. Needless to say, I researched "HCG" for myself and ended up ordering the drops and starting the diet for myself. Yesterday I started my 3rd week and so far to date I have lost a total of 10 lbs. Last week was a very challenging week for me on the diet because I seemed to be on a 6 day plateau. However, this morning when I got on the scale I had lost 2 lbs. To God be the Glory!! I am super excited about the success that I have experienced while on this diet so I thought I would pass it on since you have some pretty aggressive goals for yourself. Good luck and hang in there!
  • JordanGirl5
    JordanGirl5 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement...I'm up for this challenge...and for ONCE I'm going to see it through and reap the rewards...