Forgot my lunch...grr!

Options
Hello everyone!
I planned a great lunch today with some homemade lentil, vegetable, and ham soup and a mini Babybel cheese round. I left that delicious lunch that I was soooo looking forward to on the counter. Now I'm stuck. We only have a McDonald's here, so that's the only fast food place. There are four grocery stores within walking distance, though. Should I go to McDonald's and get their Happy Meal (which I can get with cherry tomatoes instead of fries, a small bottle of water, and a packet of sliced fruit for dessert) or should I just go to the grocery store?

There is also a bakery that makes awesome sandwiches, but I don't know what they put in them.

I want something that is measurable but filling, so I'm concerned that I won't find anything at the grocery store. I don't particularly like the prepackaged salads and the sandwiches are gross and carb-heavy. There is no sushi bar (that doesn't exist in this little town) or salad bar at the grocery stores. What do you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Yum! Your lunch sounded good! Though soup is usually better the day after so it'll be awesome tomorrow!

Your happy meals come with cherry tomatoes? That's awesome! I don't think they have that option here, I'd be all over that!

For me, I'd check out the entires for maccas in the food lists and see what you can fit in for the day? Something higher in protein will help with keeping you fuller. Or try the bakery and see if they will make you a sammie with meat and salad?
  • emculp1
    emculp1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It's France and they're a bit more health conscious, I guess. They rotate out the fruits you can get. At the moment, it's pears, but sometimes it's pineapple. The little bag the pineapple comes in is adorable.

I ended up going to the grocery store and getting a pre-made salad that had grilled chicken and lots of vegetables. I was pretty full afterwards. I tried to focus on getting something that had a good amount of protein and fewer carbs.

Thanks for your input! I'll keep it in mind the next time I forget my lunch.

Oh, and that soup became my supper ;)
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Grocery store. And stock up on extra foods. I keep a few cans of soup and frozen dinners for just these occasions. I also forgot my lunch, yet here I am noshing on a nice sweet potato tomatillo bisque and some brown rice.
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Bummer! I did that last week myself. I always keep a few options at my desk (canned soup usually). Nothing that really tempts me enough to eat it except when I have nothing else. Does the grocery store have a salad bar? Those are great. You can even load the container up, get some tortilla shells and make wraps all week.