Back to maintenance after vaca

Options
I spent the last week at Disneyworld with my family and enjoyed lots of wonderful food. I came back and only see a 2 pound gain which I am really happy about. I know walking in the heat all day helped balance out Mickey shaped ice cream :) Here is my thing though - now that I am back in the real world I am having a hard time getting off vacation-eating mode. I'm hoping when I go back to work Monday and settle in to my usual routine that it won't be as big an issue. Anyone else dealt with this??

Replies

• snapehbp
    snapehbp Posts: 64
    Options
    Yes!!

I'm starting Monday as well and figure once I'm back at work, having to plan meals ahead of time, etc., (routine) will help. I was on vacation for 10 days, and while my intake today was tenfolds better than on vacation, it's been a struggle.
  • Shapeupwithalla
    Options
    I feel like that after every weekend! Good thing that every Monday is a chance to start over! :)
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I had a very similar experience this spring. I had been logging, eating well, and working out consistently for 5 months, then took a 2 week vacation. For me, once we got back to life routine, it was pretty easy to get back to 'diet' routine. I think in large part because it truly had become routine before vacation. And it's a routine I don't dread which is different from every other time I've tried to lose weight.
  • hilaria81
    hilaria81 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am definitely going through that now. I came back from my honeymoon at an all-inclusive resort (with TONS of yummy food and drinks) this past Tuesday. Right after that was my dad's retirement party on Thursday, so yeah, that was rough too. I decided just to jump back into logging (after an absence of exactly 2 weeks) the day after the retirement party, so now I've been back to logging for 2 days. It feels weird, and I'm still eating more junk food than I should, but I figure in time this will feel like second nature again. Just finding the motivation to get back into it was the roughest part!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    i am usually hungry the day after lots of activity.

give yourself a day or two of not walking for hours on end for your appetite to get back to normal. start loggin now though and you should be fine soon.
  • CharlieRoberts36
    Options
    I am fed up from the increasing weight of my wife she dont have any control on her diet i am really tense
    What to do?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    It was actually pretty easy for me last year so I'm hoping it will be the same this year. Going back to a routine definitely helps.
    2199216 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I had a similar experience e at the beginning of June I want to a conference for work and was eating all the wrong things I came back form the conference and couldn't seem to get myself back on track. I am putting in my foods again and I hope this will jump start me again. I am struggling any suggestions would be great
  • Chrissysftns
    Chrissysftns Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I Just got back from myHoneymoon In Jamaica..All Inclusive food and drinks for 7 days~~~ let's just say I didn't hold back the least bit when it came to eating or drinking.

TOday is my first day back logging my food but it MUST be done in order for me NOT to gain weight.

Cheers!
  • einzweidrei
    einzweidrei Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    My husband and I decided on the Friday we came home from an all-inclusive (AKA EAT/DRINK NON-STOP) vacation we would still eat like pigs because we thought just going into "better" mode would be hard and annoying. Then we tried to be slightly better the next day and slightly better the day after that. Getting back into our normal routine really got the ball rolling again.

To be fair, I "gained" six pounds and I wasn't even there five full days but it came off in about a week.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I've just returned from Florida too and enjoyed every last min of it. I did miss my workouts though so after getting over my jetlag, started that up again today. Back on it now for me. Discovery Cove all i could eat was my downfall lol.
  • ianthy
    ianthy Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Just back from a month in Sicily and 5lbs up - after a couple of weeks down to 1lb. I have learned so much from MFP postings - before I would have panicked and just gone AWOL for the rest of the summer. This time no worries - got back in the old routine, bought zero holiday food with us and just 1lb left to go. The remedy seems to be to get straight back on you normal plan as soon as you are back from hols, otherwise the holiday bloat will become a real weight gain.
  • deadfan1
    Options
    your so right
    since fooball season started and my ny teams did very bad i stressed ate all day sunday and now put back 2 lbs
    today i went back on track eating correctly but it was a nice treat
    i lost 28 lbs since june and another 12 more to go but its going to be slow going bc i do cheat with hi carbs like yogurt and fruit
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    your so right
    since fooball season started and my ny teams did very bad i stressed ate all day sunday and now put back 2 lbs
    today i went back on track eating correctly but it was a nice treat
    i lost 28 lbs since june and another 12 more to go but its going to be slow going bc i do cheat with hi carbs like yogurt and fruit

Why do you think carb calories are different than any other calories when it comes to weight loss? I eat yogurt and fruit every day. Usually tortilla chips too. I've been losing on average a pound a week since January.