So, About the Herbal life diet..

Options
I really want to start it but I'm so lost, I heard that people lost a lot of weight on this diet, I know that you drink 2 shakes and eat one meal a day and have a snack in between, but do you exercise too? If so, how much? I would really appreciate it if you shared your results . What shakes did you buy? What shakes do you Recommend?
Oh yeah, some people say that you gain the weight right back but of course you're going to gain weight back if you go back to your normal eating habits. I saw a pretty good amount of reviews on this diet and people were able to keep it off. I just wanted advice on what to buy and their results on this diet^^ thanks!

Replies

• extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    The problem is as you said, you don't ever learn "normal eating habits" on the diet. All you're doing is replacing two meals with a shake to create your deficit. You'd save a lot of money and probably have better long term success if you teach yourself to actually eat normally, unless you want to drink two shakes per day for the rest of your life.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    I really want to start it but I'm so lost, I heard that people lost a lot of weight on this diet, I know that you drink 2 shakes and eat one meal a day and have a snack in between, but do you exercise too? If so, how much? I would really appreciate it if you shared your results . What shakes did you buy? What shakes do you Recommend?
    Oh yeah, some people say that you gain the weight right back but of course you're going to gain weight back if you go back to your normal eating habits. I saw a pretty good amount of reviews on this diet and people were able to keep it off. I just wanted advice on what to buy and their results on this diet^^ thanks!

The good reviews you saw are from people trying to sign you up into the pyramid so they can make money off people.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-mo-herbalife-gets-more-bad-news-illinois-ag-investigation-20140417-story.html
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    That diet is a waste of money. As mentioned before, once you stopped the diet you will most likely put the weight back on because you never learned to restrict yourself. There is no quick fix to weight loss, just use the calorie deficit that MFP gives you and stick to it.
  • goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    The problem is as you said, you don't ever learn "normal eating habits" on the diet. All you're doing is replacing two meals with a shake to create your deficit. You'd save a lot of money and probably have better long term success if you teach yourself to actually eat normally, unless you want to drink two shakes per day for the rest of your life.

This. Also, the shakes are pretty low calorie, under 300 calories I believe. I tried one once, it tasted good but it didn't really fill me up. If you want shakes, save money and make them at home with protein powder.