Hello im new please support me :(

Options
k ive been telling myself i was gonna lose weight since i was turning 17 now im 18 and ive gained weight and i really wanna lose 40 lbs before my 19 b day and im pretty sure if i have support it will help me out allot because my family doesnt support they just make excuses for me and tell me its hereditary :sad:

im a student in college and i have a part time desk job so i have to squeeze in the exercise but im pretty sure thats not an excuse for me not to eat ryt......any suggestions of diets i should try....or challenges

Replies

• chicka78
    Options
    I believe eating habits are hereditary in the sense that they are learned behaviors pasted down from each generation. But it can stop with you, welcome to the fight and feel free to add me as a friend.

Connie
  • angelskye6
    angelskye6 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! This is a great site and super supportive. :) You can do it. I'm sending you a friend request.
  • jeharris16
    Options
    You have my support! You can do it! We are rooting for you! This website really helps a lot! I have tried many times to no avail but this website has been extremely helpful in helping me stay on point with my food consumption.
  • tarrox
    tarrox Posts: 47
    Options
    I'll support you. The younger you learn healthy eating and exercise habits the better! Welcome to MFP, friend request sent! Also a few good websites for good ideas is sparkpeople.com and hungrygirl.com :)
  • patricia92d
    Options
    awww thnk u guys these posts made my eyes water :( i no ill the the support i wanna be stunning for my birthday :D
  • addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    Options
    Welcome. Im sure genetics do have a hand in it , but that doesnt mean we have to accept it and live with it.

Your young and thats a bonus, you can so do this. Good luck

If you'd like more support , you can add me as a friend. You dont have to go on this journey alone.
  • txlilangel4ya
    Options
    You will have lots of support here. Just take one day at a time and one foot in front of the other. You will have a cheat day or a day you doing do well with your workout. Don't let those days get you down. Do something about them. :) Let me know if you need anything. Feel free to add me :)
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 36 but I undersatnd you ... my hubbie supports me.... but my mother was like you don't need to lose that much..she doesn't realize I NEED to lose weight!
  • ohiogirl30
    ohiogirl30 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You are at the right place, on the right day for your breakthrough!!! Welcome to the marathon, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!