Need Healthy Snack Ideas

Options
Hi,

I am looking for healthy snack Ideas which I can add in my diet in between my meals.

Thanks in advance. :smile:

Replies

• kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt
    Rice cakes (chocolate, YUM!)
    Nuts
    ANY fruit
    Any fruit with peanut butter
    Cheese
    Crackers
    Dark chocolate

Basically, you can eat anything and call it a snack!
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt with some Kashi cereal added

Pistachios
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate

I have a huge sweet tooth and I used to have a candy bar and diet coke as a snack every afternoon at work. I stopped doing this but as a reward last week I got a Dove Dark chocolate bar but it seemed only marginally better than the standards - 3 musketeers, snickers, etc as far as calories and sugars.

Are there other dark chocolates that you recommend?
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Dips and chips have always been my downfall but I find healthy ways to indulge. I always cut up veggies before the work week - celery, carrots, peppers (TruSweet brand is awesome) - and then measure them out and put in baggies for each day. I pair these veggies with hummus. There are so many flavors these days that taste awesome. (Or you can use any dip mix and mix with plain greek yogurt).

I also get the plain Beanitos black bean chips (I think there are about 20 chips per serving) and pair with salsa. Or make a bean dip using the Vegetarian or fat-free refried beans and mix some salsa and taco seasoning in it. Filling and healthy!

Fruit, especially things that are portable like apples, bananas and oranges.

Nuts -eat sparingly though! I always measure out about 1/4 cup each morning, put it in a baggie and take to work.
  • PurrlyGirl
    PurrlyGirl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Vanilla yogurt with apple slices. Dip the apple into the yogurt. Omg. Heaven.

Apple slices dipped in peanut butter is very good too, but I don't often like spending that many calories on peanut butter.

Cucumber slices with Twang Pickle Salt sprinkled on top. Crunchy salty yummy.

String cheese.
  • bohemian124
    bohemian124 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate

Are there other dark chocolates that you recommend?

I really like the dark chocolate wedges from Trader Joe's. I believe they are 73% cacao, and 2 wedges equal a serving size. You can find them in tins by the registers.
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I don't usually snack but if I'm really craving something I reach for a caramel-flavored rice cake with peanut butter and a sliced banana on top.