Heart rate monitor or body bugg users???

Options
any HRM or body bugg users out there?? Has using one of these helped you ? If so, how?

I am thinking over what may help me in my journey. Thank you for an input !!! :)

Replies

• bucky17h
    bucky17h Posts: 120
    Options
    I use HRM with a chest strap, great for telling you number of calories you burn
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I got a womens polar about 3 weeks ago. I love it and my calories were being reported way off by equipment and MFP.
  • momogogo
    momogogo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Body Bugg is pretty acurate.
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    I had a boddybugg and it was awesome!!!!! I am kicking myself because I needed money so I sold mine thinking I didn't really need it. ARGH stupid me. lol

It worked really really good!
  • dspearsb
    dspearsb Posts: 186
    Options
    I just got the New Balance HRT Fit model at Target last week. i wasn't looking to spend more than $60. It was a little complicated to set up but so far so good. However, I wish I would have gotten the Timex model it is cheaper and more user friendly.
  • yumcheese
    yumcheese Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I got a womens polar about 3 weeks ago. I love it and my calories were being reported way off by equipment and MFP.

which model did you get? i'm thinking about getting it too but wasn't sure which one. i don't need to keep track of intervals or anything, just want to know my heart rate and calories burned.
  • ciellalv
    Options
    I have bodybugg and it helped me monitor my activity. I did not like the application that goes with it. So I use this application and my bodybugg display to watch my calorie burn. I do love it. when you are dilligent about it...It is a powerful tool. It often pushes me to go to the gym after 8:00 because I am not hitting my calorie burn for the day. So it is definitely good as long as you track your status.
  • bex1013
    bex1013 Posts: 13
    Options
    i have the polar ft7 and it is amazing, i use it everyday

it is really helpful when i weight train (and the machines are usually off)

i would recommend it
  • Lorimichewicz
    Lorimichewicz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Love my BodyBugg! Have had it for over 8 month and still use it. I like gadgets and anything that keeps me accountable. Has helped me lose overr 60 lbs. since last February along with running. Don't like their food tracker, they want to you buy their supplements, but I use this site for food tracking and just put it all together.
  • wids12
    wids12 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I have used the bodybugg which was quite accurate but annoying to wear on my arm especially during the summer months. I just recentley pusrchased a garmin with chest strap, works wonderfully and is way more accurate then MFP and cardio machines.
  • jilld76
    jilld76 Posts: 324
    Options
    I used to have a bodybugg, but sold it. I loved the information it gave me about how many calories I was burning, but as others have mentioned, their website is not very user friendly and I never wanted to wear it in the spring and summer when I had short sleeve shirts and tank tops on, so that made it kind of pointless for me. Oh, one other thing, you have to buy a subscription to their website, I think if you buy the display with the bugg, you might not need the website, but I didn't have the display, so the only way for me to know what I burned was to upload the information to the site, which involved a monthly fee after the inital subscription.

I think you could probably get the same information from a HRM that is less expensive. I've actually been thinking about getting one.
  • hmdavis
    hmdavis Posts: 26
    Options
    I have a polar FT4- I love it, it really helps to know how much you are actually burning…..the from videos at home, to the weight machines at the gym, I use it all the time. It's easy, comfortable, and works awesome! I got mine on sale on amazon.com…it was only $60…I just got it in december...
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 HRM and honestly it is one of the most important peices of fitness "equipment" I own. It's totally changed how I exercize. It keeps me in check by telling me when I am within my target zone and I love knowing how much calories I burned per workout, much better than the machine estimates. Totally worth every penny!