i want low cal. sushi recipes

teenflirts2006
teenflirts2006 Posts: 3
edited September 23 in Recipes
I LOVE SUSHI... CRAB SUSHI WITH AVOCADO IS MY FAVS... IF U HAVE LOW CALORIES SUSHI RECIPES, PLS GIVE CUZ I WANT TO HAVE IT IN MY DIET... THANKS...

Replies

• SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    I would like to know too! I know that a spicy tuna roll (my fav) is around 350 calories for the whole roll. Not too bad, but I always want two! I wish I knew how to make sushi so I had more control over the calories.
  • Making sushi is quite easy! If you find a bamboo sushi mat, it's easy to cook up the rice (usually sticky rice), line it with seaweed and fillings. Then roll it (it takes a couple of tries to get the hang of it). I haven't made sushi since I started with MFP, so I don't know the calories in the rice. I've used imitation crab meat, tuna, green onions, cream cheese, sesame seeds , and fried shrimp. You could also google making sushi, that would probably give better directions and ideas than I have.
  • Itzli
    Itzli Posts: 78 Member
    I love making sushi and my kids love it too!

If you want to go low cal fill with shrimp, cucumber, avocado, green onion, or pickled radish. Nothing fried. You can use brown rice instead of white for fiber. Just steam rice as you normally would and then take 1/2 tsp rice vinegar and a splash of soy sauce, simmer on low heat and add 1c brown rice and mix. Just don't over handle or squish the rice. If you want spicy then dip in sriracha hot sauce. Creamy, try greek yogurt as a dip. And I always like to make a miso soup to go with it because its so filling.

Anyways, my 2cents.. :)
This discussion has been closed.