I'm new -- trying to re-commit

Options
Hey everyone, I'm Chenee :) -- i'm 31 and I live in Chicago. I'm actually not really new -- I've been using the MFP app off and on for almost a year. But I only recently decided to commit completely 2 weeks ago.

My story (short version) is that I have struggled with my weight for my whole life. I gained steadily until I reached my highest, 313 pounds in July of 2012. After that I began counting calories and over the next 9 months I lost about 70 pounds. I was very proud of myself, and I got complacent. By 9/2/2014 (two weeks ago), I had made it back up to 301.

It's heartbreaking to have gained almost all of it back. But I am hoping to learn from the mistakes I made and make sure I have the support to get to my goal weight and keep it off this time.

Add me if you like! :) Good luck to everyone!!!

Replies

• Specialklc
    Options
    Hello Chenee,

I'm 32 and I live in Maryland. I have a similar story to yours. I've been up and down with my weight for a while. 2 years I had lost 25Lb and gain all my weight back. I joined a gym but have been inconsistent in going, my issues are the foods I eat. I can eat clean for a while and then I go back to my old habits. If I can just get in my mind that its a life-style change and not just a diet I probably would do a lot better.

Continue to stay committed!

Kendra
  • nay4444
    nay4444 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kendra!! Yeah I need to keep reminding myself that it's more than just a diet too. Good luck :D
  • Specialklc
    Options
    Good luck to you too!
  • barbaradawes1
    barbaradawes1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I to have been struggling with my weight for years. I start off good, trying to tell myself it's not a diet but a lifestyle change and then a couple weeks later I'm right back to my old habits. I'm also not consistent in keeping track of everything or my exercise routine. Hopefully this time I can stay committed!!
  • Tydeclare44
    Tydeclare44 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Anything you need, feel free to add me! Always here to help!
  • nay4444
    Options
    I know what you mean Barbara -- hopefully support from this community can make a difference :)
  • nicolawinehouse
    nicolawinehouse Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've started *properly* since last Monday so as we are both starting out together we can help each other through! If I feel like eating something naughty I'll post here and you can tell me not to lol. Good luck :)
  • ElevatedWorkouts
    Options
    ive also gained all my weight back and its so hard and awkward too see your friends and how they talk about your weight and how much you gained i hope i can commit too ..... goodluck
  • nay4444
    Options
    I've started *properly* since last Monday so as we are both starting out together we can help each other through! If I feel like eating something naughty I'll post here and you can tell me not to lol. Good luck :)

good idea!! that will definitely help :)
  • nay4444
    Options
    ive also gained all my weight back and its so hard and awkward too see your friends and how they talk about your weight and how much you gained i hope i can commit too ..... goodluck

good luck to you too! hopefully having the support on here will help!