Healthy Australia Day Feast!

cracky
cracky Posts: 15
edited September 23 in Success Stories
Happy Australia Day!

And with that comes beer, barbecues and more beer. We did however pull off the perfect feast without too much fat! Success!

Grilled lamb cutlets - I spent the extra money and got the ones with the extra fat trimmed off. I didn't need any added oil to cook them with and I just grilled them on the barbie for a few minutes each side and they were melt - in - your - mouth yum! A pinch of pepper to serve...

I grilled some big portobello mushrooms on the barbie too - drizzled with just a tad of olive oil and they were perfectly tender and a great vegetatrian alternative! I had one with my lamb too ofcourse!

And then a big garden salad for the side. No potato salad or pasta or anything calorie and fat laden like that. Just a garden salad with the basics and a bit of fetta cheese. I kept the dressing separate so that everyone could put their own on.

For drinks I still had a couple - but replaced a couple with soda water and a wedge of lime on ice. (Even adding a bit of vodka to soda water is healthier than beer...)

And that was it! I didn't buy too much food because that always leads to me over eating... so I feel like this was a success that I needed to brag about just a little. A healthy barbecue! It is possible!

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!