Anyone else already thinking about next year's bikini body?

Options
Hi guys, looking for young women like myself who perhaps don't have too much weight to lose but want to reach their perfect body (as "perfect" as they can be at least) by next summer.

So at the moment I'd say I'm what they call "skinny fat" (?) but on the bigger side. Haha. As in, with clothes on I look sort of slim-ish with slightly chunkier legs and bigger hips than other girls my height and weight, but underneath it all I have a little bit of tummy, still have small love handles and a wobbly bum and thighs.

Current weight and size is 125 lbs and UK 8 on top half and UK 10 on bottom half.

I am getting happier finally, but not fully satisfied and happy yet. My goal is about 110-115 lbs, or whatever weight it takes to get rid of all the extra flab (goal UK size 6-8 on top and UK 8 on bottom). I would also then like to tone, which might involve putting on a few pounds of muscle weight.

(I think UK sizes are 4 numbers above US, for all the Americans who might not know :) So UK 8 is US 4..?)

This year I looked pretty ok in a bikini… but there was a lot more wobble and bumps than there should have been. I was heavier actually in July/August though at about 130-132 lbs. I'm also 5"3'.

Anyway yeah was wondering if there's any girls similar out there?

Replies

• becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Ha.. yes.. but only because I have NEVER worn one. I am hoping to have reached all my body goals, had my skin tight up as much as it is going to by then.. and perhaps for summer 2015... BIKINI!

That has been a life long dream... Right now if I stand up straight it looks ok.. but any bending and my stomach looks gross..
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Thoughts of next year's bikini body !?!?!?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! The thought of that just made my day. ROTFLMAO!
  • carolineat111
    carolineat111 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying to lose fat/gain muscle. I'm 159lbs and 5'10" so I'm happy enough with the number but want to change the body shape/composition. You can add me if you want.
  • deathbyokapi
    deathbyokapi Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah dude. I am going to look awesome in a bikini next summer, I just know it.

Power of positive thinking and all that jazz.
  • missvalentino98
    Options
    YES! omg :D I have a lot to lose though on the other hand but I am gonna rock that bikini when june hits I just know it :D
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Anyone else already thinking about next year's bikini body?

I pre-ordered the special edition. I hope Kate Upton is in it again.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    You would benefit from starting a weight lifting program now.
  • alejandrameraz1
    alejandrameraz1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    hell yeah! I've started lifting and clean eating.
    Let's rock that bikini next year! :)
  • mseslee
    mseslee Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    oh yah a girl can dream right?!?! I have about 45 pounds to lose by next summer but i'm up for the challenge to lose the weight and wear bikini. I can't even remember the last time i wore one.

Feel free to add me as a friend to help motivate each other. :smooched:
  • ell_23
    ell_23 Posts: 103
    Options
    I'm also trying to lose fat/gain muscle. I'm 159lbs and 5'10" so I'm happy enough with the number but want to change the body shape/composition. You can add me if you want.

I did thanks :)

I'm almost happy with the number, but my body fat % must be sooo high. I'm unhappy with the composition too, want to get a little toned and leaner…problem is I don't really know how to. I've started by doing lots of exercises on the mat at the gym, and try and incorporate free weights. I use some machines on my legs and arms but people say don't rely on them too much or use them a lot… not sure if that's aimed more at guys who are trying to get bulky.
  • Rosieposiepetal
    Rosieposiepetal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just can't get rid of my mum tum. I have had two c sections. My body is looking ok every where else and responding to diet and exercise. I want to be 126lb, currently 131lb. I am good at the exercise part which is 30% but rubbish at the 70% diet part. I just come back from holiday and although I looked ok, I felt awful round the pool, It inspires me to get my figure back. I had my baby six months ago so maybe I need to be kinder to myself. There were sum mums who looked amazing for just having babies.

Keep focused, a healthy and gorgeous body is a life long goal.

x
  • ell_23
    ell_23 Posts: 103
    Options
    Heck yeah dude. I am going to look awesome in a bikini next summer, I just know it.

Power of positive thinking and all that jazz.

I like that thinking :) I don't have that much weight to go… it's just more about getting leaner and getting rid of the extra wobbles which is going to take more months than I think it is, I think!
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    need to tone my *kitten* and theighs and lose a bit on the tummy. 5'4" and 140lbs. looked a bit dumpy in my bikini this summe. NOT IMPRESSED! will be working on this through the winter.
  • nomorefatjuu
    nomorefatjuu Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yesss, I'm 5'3'' and I'm 115 lbs and I have a lot of fat to change for muscle. The thing is the summer it's in december here
  • roksfarm
    roksfarm Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You must have been reading my mind! That is my ultiment goal & I am so close and have 9 months to reach it! We can do this!!! Hell to the yeah!!
  • drewmmm
    drewmmm Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, definitely! I weigh 133 lbs now at 5'4''. I don't mind the number that much but the fact that very little of that is muscle makes me look...not so good. I was planning to start weight training in a month or two. Add me guys! :D
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I still Haven't been in this years summer holiday yet !
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    To quote from Lea's page:

summer bodies are made in winter

Of course you think about next years body now. Gaining and then losing again takes time :D
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    To quote from Lea's page:

summer bodies are made in winter

Of course you think about next years body now. Gaining and then losing again takes time :D

This.

So yeah, that's why I'm back on MFP, getting myself sorted and ready for next summer :)

Also in the UK. 5' 7" and currently 169lbs, so I have more to lose than you. I might not reach my idea of 'bikini perfect', but any improvement will still be an improvement! :)
  • titianwasp
    titianwasp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Next year? Heck, I have a wedding to attend in Puerto Rico in October. I have a scant 4 weeks to get as close as I am going to get!!!