Pregnant and not there yet!

Options
Hi everybody! We just found out we are pregnant with our second, and we are elated. It's great timing for us, but not for my body. I have lost about 15 pounds so far, and I'm around 203 pounds. I'm fairly tall, so I carry it pretty well, but I'm still overweight. I'm feeling very let down, because my doctor gave me the go ahead to keep losing by doing what I'm doing (real food, running), but it's been 2 weeks and I've stagnated. Is retaining water a common symptom of early pregnancy? Anybody have any tips to try to stay at that 15 pound weight gain goal and not over? I just want to stay healthy and avoid complications. Any tips are WELCOME!

Replies

• an8e
    an8e Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi there and congratulations! I am now 10 weeks pregnant. First time. I heard people don't really show quickly during their first pregnancy, but let me tell you, I feel like I blew up overnight. I got bloated like it was that time of the month, and then just kept bloating, with no release. SO MUCH fluid retention. It was ridiculous. By 5 weeks, I had to buy new clothes. I felt just awful.

And then I started craving carbs and food. All. Day. Long.

My attempt at handling it? I've just started the 12WBT Pregnancy program, 1700 cals a day (so maintenance, not weight loss) plus about 30 - 45 mins of low impact exercise, 6 days a week.

I will let you know how it goes.

:)