Best salad dressings...???

Options
Homemade recipes?
Thanks

Replies

• determinedladybug
    Options
    The easiest salad dressing I have ever made is store bought or homemade hummus (whatever kind you like) mixed with a little water and the vinegar of your choice. You play with different amounts until you get the consistency and flavor you like. The dressing is creamy and super delicious.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    There are zillions of good salad dressings on the web but you can never go wrong with tossing greens in good olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and freshly grated parmesan.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Homemade guacamole mixed with sour cream. Incredibly cool and delicious, I love it on fiesta salads.
  • kaspatore
    kaspatore Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    balsamic, EVOO, and greek seasoning

Greek yogurt thinned out with buttermilk, ranch seasoning.
  • amraf1024
    Options
    Homemade guacamole mixed with sour cream. Incredibly cool and delicious, I love it on fiesta salads.

Yummy with a few black beans and corn...dinner tomorrow thanks
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    There are zillions of good salad dressings on the web but you can never go wrong with tossing greens in good olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and freshly grated parmesan.

This, minus the parmesan for me
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    bump !
  • AyaRowan
    AyaRowan Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt mixed with salsa is my favorite. Usually go with Chobani yogurt and Herdez salsa casera medium.

You can use sour cream instead of yogurt but plain yogurt tastes pretty much like sour cream and it gets you probiotics and protein without tons of sugar in the fruity, sweetened yogurt. You can make your own pico de gallo instead of jarred salsa for a fresher, salt controlled version.

My fav salad (just ate one actually) is romaine lettuce, yogurt, salsa, and reduced fat shredded cheddarjack. You can add black beans, a chopped up black bean burger, chicken, bacon bits, etc.
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I personally love champagne vinegar and olive oil on my salad... But Here is my version of Olive Garden dressing.

“MarCya's Recipe for Olive Garden Style Salad Dressing”
    I think this is as close as it gets to the Olive Garden recipe!
    ½ C Distilled white vinegar
    ⅓ C cold water
    ⅓ C vegetable oil
    ¼ C corn syrup (Not the vanilla flavored – just plain white corn syrup)
    3 TBS finely grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
    2 TBS dry pectin (VERY important ingredient - do not use liquid and do NOT use the low sugar type)
    2 TBS Real Mayonnaise (Instead of raw eggs for emulsification)
    1 ¼ tsp Kosher salt
    1 tsp lemon juice (The real thing is best but you can use the bottled concentrate in a pinch)
    ½ tsp finely minced garlic (I use a rasp to grate it)
    ⅓ tsp dried parsley flakes (Not fresh here)
    Pinch of dried oregano
    Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (You must crush them first)
    Combine all of the ingredients in a high speed blender for 30 seconds. Chill at LEAST 1 hour.
    Serve over mixed greens.
    You will never buy bottled Italian dressing again.
    Keeps fresh in the fridge for a couple months if you keep it in a tightly lidded jar!
    Do NOT use a canning jar with metal ring and lid because the vinegar causes it to corrode and taste awful! I put dressing in a cleaned, used, plastic, salad dressing bottle - Easy to shake before each use this way too.
  • iyabean
    Options
    A dressing made from nutritional yeast (for those who don't know, it's basically the vegan equivalent of cheese sprinkles, and it is AMAZING): http://hollyhocklife.org/recipewednesday-hollyhocks-famousyeast-dressing-revisited/ This is SOOOOO GOOD.