Hi I'm Craig.....Start of a long journey

Options
Hi .....Starting at 425........FIRST goal 350.....aiming at 2-3 lbs a week.....wish me luck :)

Replies

• wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Good luck, Craig! You've made a step in the right direction. I'm sure you'll do great and we'll be seeing success stories about you in the future. :drinker:
  • pghsteelerfan
    pghsteelerfan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Welcome Craig to MFP!!!! You already made a positive moe,,, sojump aboard and lets get started. I've been struggling the past 2 years with my weight loss journey, but i've never given up..so dont ever quit no matter how long it takes..its not an easy road to travel but keep focused!! Join me on my journey, and i'll be sure to support you with yours!:drinker:
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Craig!

You've come to the right place. There are lots of links in the Getting Started section for you to read that will help. (Or some very helpful person will put them here.)

I'm glad you're looking at this as a long journey. If you're mentally prepared for how long this could take, you'll be much more likely to stick with this. And THAT is the secret... DON'T QUIT!

Bad days, bad weeks... doesn't matter. Get back up and going again! That's how you'll arrive at your goal.
  • iquiltoo
    iquiltoo Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Good luck! It is a long journey, for sure, but as the saying goes, you have to start somewhere. One step at a time!
  • smokes62
    smokes62 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    With MFP, you have the best tool made! I started at 380 on July 22 of this year. It helps so much if you can look at your phone or laptop at the end of the day and see everything you have eaten for the day. I don't know why but the food diary is the best tool I have ever had to loose weight. I have tried EVERYTHING, and this is the first time in my life I feel confident. My goal was 2 pounds a week, same as you. I feel so much better just with the loss of 40 pounds . You can do this Craig !! Good Luck.
  • simadawn
    simadawn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm 16 days into mine and lost 15 lbs.
  • ardysedwardsmcgrath
    Options
    WELCOME CRAIG! GOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEY !! IM ON that journey too.. seems like everlasting.. but using Mfp IVE Been doing good.. just takes a lot of patience.. keep us up dated on your process.. :)
  • fannybee
    fannybee Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi .....Starting at 425........FIRST goal 350.....aiming at 2-3 lbs a week.....wish me luck :)

Try smaller goal so this way when you lose more it's a partayyyy !!!! :-)
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Hi Craig, Welcome to MFP! There's tons of good resources here to help you learn what is going to work best for you. :flowerforyou:
  • alison2earth
    Options
    Welcome Craig! I've recently joined here too, and I think that MFP really will help give support and focus while on this journey. It sounds like you have a great goal set for yourself. You'll do great! Best of luck!