ooo calories!

Options
today I was way under my calories after dinner like 435....So not even hungry may I add I made a fruit salad with yogurt...I am still under like 239 calories . This is not typical day for me but I just can't eat anymore! WHen I finished my entry it even gave a note about my low calories if its like this one day it won't be deterimental...just looking for advice. Work was so busy and I am just tired and stressed.

Replies

• millesun
    millesun Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    One day won't hurt you....now 2 or 3 days in a row with too little calories is bad for you and your body will start to hold onto that weight. Get some rest and start again tomorrow.
  • choley222
    Options
    I have had this happen to me several times and I was WAY under but I felt like I had eaten as much as I could in a day. My advice is just be careful and don't let it happen a lot. I ended up passing out and having low blood sugar issues because I simply was not eating enough to make up for all the exercising I was doing in a day. If today is the first day it has happened don't worry to much it was an off day.
  • scrapjones
    scrapjones Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Being under calories is actually a good thing, if you want to lose weight, which I'm supposing you do... As long as you're eating your minimum calories which would be your number of calories you'd burn if you just layed in bed all day. (wouldn't that be nice!) A general rule of thumb is to not ever be under 1200 calories.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    One day isn't the end of the world. Just don't make a habit of it and try to get more cals in earlier in the day tomorrow.

When this happens and you're still really far under, you can also try having something small but nutrient dense - nuts, cottage cheese, regular cheese, something whole grain... or some dark chocolate :bigsmile:
  • thinmecomeout
    Options
    Hi there, I think as long as over the period of the whole week your calories are on track it dosen't matter if some days you are under or over.
    Every day is different and our appetites are different every day too, I know some days I could just eat and eat and eat and then other days, like you say, you just can't fit it all in.
    So keep going the way you are , you are a beautiful goddess of a woman!
    Kepp on tracking and shedding those pounds:flowerforyou:
  • ronchap
    ronchap Posts: 60
    Options
    I have days like that once in awhile. Today I did egg whites and cheese twice, tuna and vegetables for lunch and 2 snacks of fruit so i'm only at like 900. I'll have a handful of cashews while I'm here and be close but probably still under but I don't think a once in awhile will hurt.